Wednesday, April 28, 2021

The math -

 
 
For the backing - 
 
For my Quarter Log Cabin - 
Pattern -  © 2015 - by Liz Katsuro - 
You can get her FREE patterns - HERE
 
Has been done - 
 
I have three 2-yard pieces - 
And 6 yards should be plenty for the backing - 
 
I think I can split them into 30" and 12" lengths - 
And arrange them like this - 
To get a backing about 84" x 90" -  

 
The top is 64" x 80" - 
So a backing that is 84" x 90" should be big enough - 
And I should have some ORANGE left over -
If I want/need to make it longer - 

In the meantime - 
Echo has a new squeaky toy - 
She LOVES her little monkey -


 
And we put the "Birds" away again - 

And pulled out another puzzle - 

Delicious Desserts - 
Buffalo Games - 2000 pieces - 

 
We did quite a bit in several different areas - 
 
I worked on the cupcake on the bottom (center) - 
And the "Skittles" jar in the bottom left corner - 

 
My daughter is the whiz-kid who built all of the other parts - 
 
How she "sees" which piece goes where absolutely amazes me - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great design for the backing- not just thrown together. The colors looks great together like this. I usually leave myself 6" all around for the backing on my long arm unless I make a math error.

Gene Black said...

That will make the backing fun - and the quilt will be reversible. Nice!

Julie Fukuda said...

Being addicted to puzzles, it is fun to see that side. Mine are all on my cell phone, which means the pieces of a 400-piece puzzle are pretty darn small. I do the border and then sort the pieces into groups, and am surprised how quickly it goes from there.

Sue said...

Love the backing fabric and your layout. Aaaaawwwwwww! @ Echo. Great idea to swap the puzzles around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...