Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Mail call -

 
 
Squishy mail - 
 
My FAVORITE - ;))
 
My friend - Linda S. - Art in Search
 
Quilted my daughter's Quarter Log Cabin quilt for me - 

And did an AWESOME JOB!! - ;))
 



 
She quilted different motifs in each of the colors - 
 
BLACK - Straight lines alternating directions every 2-1/2" square - 
 
 
CENTERS - Flowers - 

 
YELLOW - Diamond cross-hatching - 

 
ORANGE - Ribbon Candy - 

 
GRAY - Lazy 8's or Wishbones - 

 
She even sewed on the binding for me - 
 
That little touch of ORANGE makes it look SO fancy - LOL - 
 

 
I was BLOWN AWAY - 
 
And just couldn't stop taking photos - 



 
 
All my daughter could say was - "WOW!" -
 
Over and over and over - LOL - 
 
She LOVED it!! - 
 
She said that it was EXACTLY what she wanted -
 
But she didn't know how to explain it - 
 
And wasn't sure if it could be "done" that way - 
 
She wanted different "patterns" in the different colors - 
 
And loved Linda's choices - 
 
The texture is WONDERFUL -
 
She LOVES how it feels to the touch - 
 
I tried to tell her to leave all of that up to Linda - 
 
And that it would be AWESOME -
 
But I don't think she believed me - 
 
I don't know what she was expecting -
 
But it EXCEEDED her expectations - for sure! - 
 
I think it's AWESOME -
 
But I had already told Linda that when she sent me some "sneak peek" photos - 
 
So I told her again -
 
YOU DONE GOOD!! - LOL - ;))
 
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

That is very nice work. I love the idea of different patterns in each color or section. I do that on my notebooks some of the time.
I am sure your daughter will love it for a long time.

Barbara said...

I’m with your daughter...WOW! It’s awesome!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think the best part was the overall textural squishy feel. My stitching is not perfect, but neither am I. Love the binding you made for this quilt.

Sue said...

That's the best kind of mail. Looks fabulous.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lucky daughter!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...