Stage 4 - Needs Basting
This sucker has a 1" grid to be quilted - oh, goody! Without a long-arm - that should be fun!
But first it had to be basted. That's all I had to do this month.
Get it out of Stage 4 and on up to Stage 3 - Need Quilting, etc.
So I sent my husband over to JoAnns (with a picture of what I wanted and a coupon) to get me some basting spray. Turns out they don't sell it at the store any more - they only sell it online - so I had to order some. (Not from you, Randolph!!)
While I was waiting for my order to arrive - I got to thinking.
(And no - I didn't get a headache - this time!)
I thought a bunch of things -
- I already have several quilts that are basted and waiting to be quilted - Stage 3.
- I don't have a long-arm quilting machine so we're talking about quilting it on a little domestic machine. For me - quilting anything larger than a baby quilt is a huge PITA!!
- I really have no desire to baste a Queen-sized quilt only to have it sit while I find the time (and inclination) to quilt it - along with the others.
- I don't have room to store it in a basted state. It would be HUGE - and it takes up plenty of space just the way it is.
- It wouldn't make sense to send it to a long-arm quilter. The whole point of buying it pre-stenciled was to quilt a wholecloth quilt myself. Although, I must admit - I had intended to do it by hand - but that's just not going to happen!
- My original goal/challenge was to move my UFOs out of their current Stage and up the ladder - and then eventually off the ladder - to the "Done" list.
- I could move this particular UFO out of its current Stage - #4 - to another Stage more in keeping with its actual status. That would satisfy the move part of the goal - just not the up part. (Half a goal is better than none, right?)
- It could be considered a kit - something that is ready to go - just needs pre-washing - but it has been pre-washed so that's not quite right.
- Then I realized that this UFO wasn't all that different from my Stage 11 projects -
Stage 11. Prepped - Pre-washed - Pressed - Ready to Cut - etc.
So I moved it - to Stage 11 -
Summer Lotus is no longer a Stage 4 project - YAY!!
My UFOs - My Rules!
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -