Sunday, November 26, 2017

Tidying up a little -

After actually FINISHING a couple of projects is always FUN - ;))

My regular readers already know that I like to document my quilts/projects in a Scrapbook with a Scrap Card and a Heart for my Someday Memory Quilt - ;))

I started with the scraps from the Rooster Potholders -

I do my Foundation Paper Piecing my way - and have made so many Hearts through the years that sometimes I just want to "cover the paper" - so I approach it the same way I would if I were "string-piecing" something - piece some scraps together - put them down - stitch it - flip it open - press it -



Rinse and repeat -


Until I "cover the paper" -


Did I cover the Heart? - Looks like it - ;))


Good! -

Then pin it - right side down - paper side up - to a scrap piece of muslin -


Stitch it all the way around - back stitching at the beginning/end -


Remove the pins - trim it -


Take the paper off -


Cut a slit in the muslin on the back side -


Turn it inside out and press it -

And I have one more Heart for my Someday Memory Quilt - ;))


Left over scraps for the crumb blocks -


Do the same with the scraps from the Green Potholders -



Two Hearts and two Scrap Cards -



Then one more set for the Lavender Lovely - Baby Quilt - ;))


Then work up the Scrapbook pages - ;))



So the scrapbook is caught up - for now -

And I updated my UFOs/Squirrels/Projects page -

Next up - tackle that Mountain To Be Quilted -

We'll see how many more "finishes" I can get done before the end of the year -

I need that Mountain in the DONE category -

And I want to start working on that Someday Memory Quilt - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Those little hearts will make a lovely quilt. I made a scrap quilt for a friend and every time I see it I smile -because it has scraps from so many of the first quilts that I made.

Julie Fukuda said...

Woo hooo! Almost everything I make is made of scraps ... but then it is given away and I have no record for myself except the pictures in my paper diary (or blog). I really like that idea of making those hearts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...