Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Back-up -


Has several different meanings -

And I dealt with three of them this past week - ;))

===

Back-up #1 -

There's the usual - Back-up my computer - just because - and because I might need/want to transfer some data to a new laptop that I got a couple of months ago. It has the new "Windows" and I haven't even plugged it in yet. I'm not looking forward to all of the NEW/DIFFERENT stuff on it and I have to be in the mood to deal with it - but that "mood" hasn't shown itself lately - (sigh) - ;))

Maybe I could/should look at it as a NEW adventure! Maybe after I take care of Back-up #3 (below) - I can only take so much new "adventure" these days - ;))

===

Back-up #2 -

I took a break from my Deep Red Crumb Squares to play with some 9-patches for my "next" project - and showed you guys this basket last time -


Well - that basket grew to this - with some of them sewn into "tubes" on the right -


Then I made a couple of "test blocks" -

A 9-patch instead of "crumb" version using some of THAT floral fabric for sashing -


And an "alternate" block using some "three-sies" for the sashing -


Put the one up on the design wall -


And then the other -


And then put them next to each other -


And I don't like it - UGH!! -

It looked SOOOOOOOOOOO much better in my head - LOL - ;))

So I'm going to Back-up and un-sew them and move on to Plan B -

Which I will share when I get there -

It will probably have the same layout but plain sashes and plain squares -
Instead of the 9-patches and "three-sies" - they're just too busy! - ;))

===

Back-up #3 -

When I was working - I didn't like to be the ONLY one who knew how to do something - I liked having a Back-up in case I got sick or went on vacation or was just too busy. Someone else could/would be able to help me out.

When my husband was alive - he was my Back-up around the house and my Back-up on computer stuff. He was my "tech support" and my go-to guy - and I miss him - Every. Single. Day. It sure would have been nice to have him as a sounding board and helper this past week with this "other" project that I have been working on - but I had help from some family and friends - so I have Back-up of a different kind - ;))

The "other" project is my trying to get PayPal set up -

For my LEFT-EZE Rule™ -

It has turned out to be a little more complicated than I had originally thought -
But I tend to over-think things - so it might just be me - ;))

I sorted through various options and got some of it figured out -

Sales Tax rates - For California - by zip code -
Shipping options - US - Canada - International/other -
Currency - US dollars only - for now -

But - before I can show the "button" on my site -

I still need to mess with "invoicing" -

Printing shipping labels - through PayPal -

And who knows what else - LOL - ;))

So stay tuned -

If you don't hear from me for a couple of days -

It's because I'm a little BUSY - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

The floral print is so pretty. It would be a shame to hide it among those colorful blocks. I go crazy without back-ups and plan B ... C ... and even D. I have to lead some strange craft project on the weekend and though the higher-ups had promised on Saturday to send me information and pictures, it is all in a fog. With a hundred people coming to the event from all over Asia, it would be nice to get a few clues about the materials we will be using and the desired results.

Gene Black said...

I hope all your back-ups go well. Sorry I am somewhat non-verbal this morning. (fasting for lab work today.)

Katie said...

I wondered where you went - figured it was taxes, but sewing is good! I hate new computers - I left one behind at work that had been waiting 4 months for me. The IT guys "set it all up," which meant I could connect to the internet, but not my email via outlook and probably didn't have the three key programs needed to do my job. They don't have the license codes, so I can just take care of the whole business. ACK!!! But anyways, I'm glad to see you're sewing, even if the blocks didn't come out as planned. I hope the PayPal works itself out. I struggle with the using it to pay part, so I can't imagine setting it up to get paid!

Frog Quilter said...

You will figure it out. Google is a great tool on the web.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...