Monday, April 2, 2018

Strip sets -


For my next project started with a bunch of strips all cut -


And sewn into sets of three - ;))


I pressed a few sets open so you could see -

And I COULD run this bottom set through my strip cutter as is -

BUT if I did that -

I would get six three-sies that are the SAME color combination -

And I want more variety than that -

So I have another idea -


What if - ?????? -

I took two sets of three -

Making sure that there were no duplicate fabrics -


And that the BOTTOM fabric of the FIRST set -
Contrasted with the TOP fabric of the SECOND set -


And the BOTTOM fabric of the SECOND set -
Contrasted with the TOP fabric of the FIRST set -


And I sewed the FIRST set to the SECOND set -


And the SECOND set to the FIRST set - to form a TUBE -


Then sub-cut six sections at 1-1/2" each -


Giving me six three-sies -


Take them to my ironing board work station -

And separate the FIRST seam on the FIRST one -
The SECOND seam on the SECOND one -
And the THIRD seam on the THIRD one -
Like I was making a Trip Around The World - but not - ;))


Press those open -


Oops - that second one has one patch that is too short -
And I'll have to fix that - later -

Right now I think I'm on to something - ;))


Flip the last three over -

And separate the FIRST seam on the FIRST one -
The SECOND seam on the SECOND one -
And the THIRD seam on the THIRD one -



Press those open and line them all up -


Now - fold them in half - and take out that top seam -


Voila!! -

Twelve three-sies -

ALL different - ;))


Well - after I fix this guy -


Separate the pieces - and dig through my basket of 1-1/2" squares -


Substitute one for the middle patch -


Put the middle patch in with the crumbs -

And this guy back with his friends -

And I LIKE it!! - ;))


A little bit of "un-sewing" is required -

But I get a WHOLE LOT more variety - ;))

After I get all of the strip sets sewn together - and the "tubes" made - I can take them to my strip cutter and get them cut that way - it will be much faster -

I need 30 blocks and each block has four 9-Patches -

So that's 120 9-Patches with three three-sies per 9-patch = 360 three-sies -

PLUS 80 more for the alternate blocks = 440 total -

Looks like I'll be playing with these and my crumb blocks for a few more days - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -




2 comments:

Gene Black said...

LOL... I look at those numbers and think "no" - but if I do it without so much counting I don't feel overwhelmed.

Bea said...

Love YOU Kitty-

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...