Monday, May 28, 2012

WOLF SONG - BACK

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))

============

Note - these instructions are written in LEFTISH.
If you are right-handed - just reverse the directions.
============

I took another break –

From my LHQ Sampler Quilt -
See the page/tab at the top of my blog -

I decided to finish the backing for the Wolf Song quilt –

I started working on it a while back -

But I got sidetracked - ;))

The panel came with two more wolf scenes –
Perfect for the back –

Add some brown trees for a strip in the middle -

Add some green trees and the extra wolf vignette fabric –
For a strip along the top –

Then fill in with some black along the bottom -

Looking good!! –


And then -

I saw another squirrel - :))

And never got back to it -

Until now -

So -

One problem is that my first plan doesn’t fit this wall -

It's too big -

So I switched to the wall in the hallway -

And - because I have a tendency to measure WRONG -

I put up the top first -

Now - if I pin the back on top of it -

With some extra on each side -

I can SEE if it’s big enough -

Or not - ;))

The green trees and extra wolf vignette fabric -
At the top -


A chunk of dark green at the bottom -
Gotta save that BLACK - LOVE that BLACK!! -


The wolf scenes can go in the middle -
So they won’t get chopped off when it gets trimmed -
With a spacer strip to set off the wolf vignette fabric -

Sew some more green trees to the left -
And some brown trees to the right -

Shift the big green chunk on the bottom -
Over to the left side -
Add some more green trees to the right side -

NEVER going to use those green trees again -
Might as well use it UP!! -


And when I sew larger pieces together -
I always put an extra pin to keep the sides straight -
See the top pin on the right?
I’m sewing the edge along the bottom -


Close-up of the wolf scenes -
Looking good!!


Here’s another shot from the other end of the hallway -
The whole top is covered -
Looks big enough to me - ;))


Sew it all together -
Put it up on the wall -
Top and back -
Side by side -



Now I need the sleeve - binding - and label -

Then I can pack it up for my friend/quilter -

To quilt -

While I make the scrap card -

Heart -

Write the story -

And gather photos - ;))



Talk to you later – gotta go – gotta sew –



1 comment:

  1. I too am a Lefty handed quilter and as you well know we do do things in the "leftish" style. But what I really like is all my quilter friends are so jealous that I can rotary cut with both hands.....and do it well!! Left handers are in their right mind....creative and smart all at the same time. Love your wolves!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments -
they let me know that I'm not just talking to myself - ;))

FYI - I have always restricted comments to “Registered User” - and I have always moderated my comments - and I will continue to do so. I like to read your comments before I publish them - and I DO publish ALL of them - whether you agree with me or not. The only ones that I DO NOT publish are the “buy-me” and "spam" crap.

So - if you want to leave a comment but don’t like your word verification choice - hit the little arrow thingy to the right of the box until you find one that you DO like. I can’t always read them either but word verification is there for a reason and I refuse to be bullied into taking it off - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...