Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Off and Running -

So - yesterday when I signed off - I said I had another idea and would be right back.  Sorry it took me longer than I thought it would - but it was totally worth it!!

When I left - I went over to Quilting Bloggers and submitted my blog for inclusion in her directory.  This morning I got an email from Michele Foster saying that my submission had, indeed, been accepted and has been added to the directory.  THANK YOU, MICHELE!!

Now, if you go to her site and search for "A Left-Handed Quilter", my blog will show up.  Yay!!  The only problem is that you have to enter the name exactly as I entered it - without the quotes - but with the "A" and the ""hyphen" between "left" and "handed".  If you enter "lefthanded quilter", it won't come up.  It's a Catch-22 - you can find my blog if you know the name - exactly.  And if you already know the name - you have already found it!!??

But the up side is - IT WORKED!!

AND - IT'S OFFICIAL!! - 

I HAVE A FOLLOWER - AND SHE'S NOT RELATED TO ME!!  YAY!!

Welcome to my blog Quilting, Sewing GRANNY - I just checked out your site and that fabric stash video is hilarious.  You made my day - in more ways than one.  I will, for sure, be adding your blog to the ones I read.  I don't know how to "Follow" another blog yet - so when I figure it out - I'll be there.  And I have pictures of my own stash that I want to share someday.

In the meantime - I need to get some tips, tricks, and tutorials written up - so I can post them.  I have to find all the instructions - emails - and such that I wrote for my sister-in-law to help her with her quilting projects.  And I have a bunch of stuff in my head that has to get down on "paper".  That takes time.  And I need to know what you guys want to know.  How can I help?  You need to leave me a comment telling me what gives you the most trouble - maybe someone out there can help.  I don't pretend to know everything - and can only tell you how I do it.  I'm hereby making up a new word - "TIHIDI" - "This Is How I Do It" - if you say it out loud, it sounds kinda like "Tahiti" - cool!!

So here's the plan - the next couple of Left-Handed Quilting (LHQ) posts are going to be about -

1.  Supplies
2.  Rotary Cutting
3.  Instructions vs. Directions

That should get us started.  And then we can go from there.

Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta write stuff -

1 comment:

Sue said...

The first thing I do when I get a rotary cutter is reverse the blade!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...