Saturday, November 13, 2010

Third Time's a Charm - New Mission

I am A Left-Handed Quilter - and this blog is for other Left-Handed Quilters.

I want to try to reduce the global confusion once and for all by offering hints - tutorials - resources - or whatever else I/we can think of - to help with quilting challenges.  I'll talk about all of that later.  For now, I want to tell you -

This is my third attempt at blogging.

My first blog name was a bit harsh - so after talking to a dear friend of mine - I changed it.

My second blog name - when I created the blog - was "available".  I thought that that meant it was not being used by anyone.  I obviously thought wrong.  After posting for months - I googled the name just for fun.  It came up -

Quilt Bum - a blog by Marianne Fons - Quilters Club of America.

OH, CRAP!!  There was no way I could continue to use that name - even it it had been "available" and was technically mine.  Marianne Fons is a very highly respected quilter, teacher, and author.  I certainly didn't want anyone to think that my blog was hers.  So - I moved.  (I know, I know - nobody probably read my blog anyway - but even so.)

This is my new blog.  Blog #3.  A Left-Handed Quilter.  Third time's a charm - right?   And I have a new mission.  In addition to "Show & Tell" of whatever I happen to be working on at the moment - I thought I might try to do my part to help other "lefties" out there.

I still have some setting up to do - so it's not quite ready yet.  But stay tuned - it should be kinda cool when I get done.  At least I hope so!

Talk to you later -

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...