Thursday, October 4, 2012

Checking my 1/4" - AGAIN


I keep trying to perfect my 1/4" inch seam -

It seems that even after all of these years -

I can't seem to manage a consistent one - ;))

I told you about the RED seam guide -
That I had tried out before - here -
It seemed to give a “true” 1/4” seam -
Not a “scant” one -

One day I found this YELLOW seam guide -
At Nancy’s Notions - here -

And ordered one just because - ;))

When I got it -

I compared it to the RED one -

And there is a SMIDGE of a difference -

See it?? -
If you look at the yellow "2" -
Just above and to the right of the "S" in "Perkins" -
You can see the two guide lines -
Are just a SMIDGE off -



THAT smidge -

Is the difference between -

A 1/4” seam allowance -

And a SCANT 1/4” seam allowance -

So now I should be good to go -

I just need to get up -

And actually GO - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Katie M. said...

I have never (and probably never will) perfect that ¼" seam. I have the ¼" foot for my Kenmore and the Babylock and still it's never 'right'. I have used the 'special' presser feet, I've moved my needle to the right a few 'clicks' and have decided that because I'm not a perfectionist anyway, I'll just use the same machine throughout the construction of the quilt and call it good :-) Not to mention the rulers used for cutting - I have to make sure I use the same 'brand' for all cutting or pieces will be off some as well....

Linda said...

Good for you for trying so hard. Me...I figure close is good. hahaha jk.
I check my seams with a recipe card. The lines are all spaced ¼" apart so I can run my foot along one line and if I'm stitching a smidge from the next line I figure I'm good to go.

Kathaleeny said...

I got one of those too and that "smidge" makes a big difference.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I have tried all of the same things - thought I would try this - see if it makes any difference. If it does, I'll let you know - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I've tried that too - but I wanted to see if I could find something that would give me a consistent "smidge" - haha - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Like I told Linda - I'm hoping that this will give me a consistent "smidge" - haha - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...