Monday, August 1, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 8/1/16

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===



On my wall today -
Part of a CRUMB block -


Guess you could say it's been a CRUMBY week -

Sorry - I couldn't resist - ;))

I got the rest of my little Hourglass Blocks from last week all sewn together -
And put them in a baggie for "later" -


And then I decided to play with my scraps - ;))

I have most of my scraps sorted by COLOR -


And I usually separate out my NEUTRALS -


But I had a bunch of scraps that had been sorted by SIZE/SHAPE first -

And those were the ones that I wanted to play with - ;))

I had two bins of baggies with CRUMBS - CHUNKS - SQUARES - TRIANGLES - STRIPS - STRINGS and SELVAGES - with the intention of using them in a variety of projects -

CRUMBS - CRUMB blocks
CHUNKS (bigger CRUMBS) - use for die cuts depending on size
SQUARES - don't know yet - crumbs maybe
TRIANGLES - CRUMB blocks OR Foundation Paper Pieced CORNERS
STRIPS - CRUMB blocks or STRING blocks depending on size
STRINGS - CRUMB blocks or STRING blocks depending on size
SELVAGES - a pillow - later - or maybe never - ;))

And the question was whether I wanted to sub-sort those now by color -

Or not - ;))

I decided that I would just let them be mixed up color-wise -
And started sorting the STRIPS by width -
Some are die-cut - some are not - and some are "between" sizes -

The shorter ones to be used in CRUMB blocks -
And the longer ones in STRING blocks - ;))


Starting with the smallest pieces and working my way up to the bigger ones -
I began making CRUMB blocks when my OCD kicked in some more -
And I sorted the sets by the length of the longest side -
The side I always add the next piece to -
(Ending a sentence with a preposition - ooh - my high school English teachers would be shaking their heads - I think I've done it twice so far - :))


Anyway -

It sounds really fussy - BUT it was FUN and RELAXING -
AND made it a WHOLE lot easier to match up CRUMBS for the next "addition" -
Either another CRUMB block of the same size - or one of the sorted strips - ;))


With each new piece that I add - the "longest side" changes -
And the CRUMB block gets put in a new pile according to the new size -
All nice and neat and organized - ;))


You might be laughing at me right now -

But it keeps me busy -

And it keeps BOB out of trouble - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Did my scrap organization muse decide to visit you? Ha ha.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Yes, she absolutely did - haha - ;))

Katie said...

I'm not laughing. I guess I'm OCD because I get it. The blocks will be great - or maybe they're done, so they ARE great? :)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Katie - they're not done yet - but some of them are partially done - and so far they're looking pretty good to me - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...