Monday, August 29, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 8/29/16

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===



On my wall today -
A Drunkard's Path block -


It's a test block - and didn't come out too badly - considering the fact that I'm not that great at sewing curved seams. One of the "scrap" quilts that has been dancing around in my head and on my "to do list" for years is a Drunkard's Path variation - so I dug out the pattern/picture and my die and cut the muslin pieces. The rest will be cut from scraps as I go along - but the muslin ones will be my "control" to let me know how many more of each shape I need to cut to complete the blocks. There will be a couple hundred of them - to finish at 4" - so I should be pretty good at sewing curved seams by the time I get them all sewn - ;))


I also tested the Maxi-Lock Serger Thread on a scrap to the side of the Ladies - and liked it. I didn't have to mess with the tension at all - just wound a bobbin and put the cone on a thread stand. I did all of the "ditch" quilting on the Ladies and now it's ready for some Free-Motion quilting - ;))


Not much else to show you - a whole lot of "behind the scenes" stuff was going on this past week. Some organizing (the crumb blocks/trays - and some other projects half-done) - some prep work (the Drunkard's Path blocks - and the de-construction of some ties) - and some "ditch" stitching (the Ladies) - ;))

Last week flew by and it's Monday again already -

We'll see if I can get some more FUN stuff done this coming week - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think some serger threads would be problematic, but the MaxiLock is a high quality poly thread.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Maxi-Lock is the thread that I got when I first bought my serger - but I never thought to use it for quilting. The color is/was right and I figured that poly was poly - so why not try it? It seemed to work just fine - and it's on a wallhanging - so it should hold up - but we'll see - ;))

Julie Fukuda said...

Glad I'm not the only one saying hello-goodbye to a week. There are so many threads I have never heard of these days. I am just glad I can get good hand quilting thread in a variety of colors and not have to hunt for something else.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thread choices boggle my mind at times - maybe I should go back to hand quilting - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...