Monday, August 15, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 8/15/16

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===



On my wall today -
More little Crumb blocks -



And while they have been quietly accumulating - my pile of quilt tops that "need to be quilted" has been sitting there - waiting patiently for me to get back to practicing my Free-motion quilting. I keep walking right past it - which isn't getting any of them done - so yesterday I pulled out the blue placemats - they needed a bit more quilting in the bottom section - and I got them done - finally - ;))



A clamshell stencil/pattern filled the area nicely. I like how the blue thread blends in and hides some of my boo-boos - and they're not perfect - but they're quilted - ;))

It's funny that I had forgotten how much FUN plain old "quilting" can be -

Whether I'm using a walking foot or a darning foot -

Stitching straight lines or curvy lines -

With or without marking the quilt top -

Doing it free-form style or trying to follow the lines -

And I totally forgot how much I ENJOY doing it -

Now that I know that I CAN do it -

I just need more practice -

So that's the plan for now - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I agree. You get busy enjoying piecing and forget how fun (and rewarding) doing the quilting can be.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

There is so much to ENJOY about quilting - except maybe wrestling with a humongous border - but there are ways to get around that - so it's all good - ;))

Julie Fukuda said...

The thing I like best is when all those little blocks are piled up and you have enough to assemble into something bigger. I like doing the arranging and making up a lay-out best ... other than turning the final binding and saying "DONE".

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh - "DONE" sounds good - that might become my favorite part - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...