Monday, August 8, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 8/8/16

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===



On my wall today -
A bunch of little Crumb blocks -


So far I have 58 -
And counting - ;))


Last week I was on a roll -



And took some photos to show you how I cut some of my weird angles -
In case you might be interested - ;))


This purple piece looked like it would square this section off nicely -


So I flipped it over -


Moved the purple piece to the bottom so that I could see the angle of the other piece -


Marked the angle with my yellow chalk marker -


Set the ruler's 1/4" mark on the yellow chalk line -


Cut it - 1/4" past the yellow chalk line - for the seam allowance -


Stitched it -


And Ta Dah! -
It's That corner is ready to trim - ;))


There's still plenty to keep me busy -


And I have no idea what I'm going to do with them -

Just having some fun with some mindless sewing -

With no real plan -

Yet - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Interesting. I rarely cut before I sew when doing crumb blocks. I usually sew and cut an approx qtr inch with scissors. (I would have to get up to rotary cut it)
It is fun to see how others do things.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Me, too - but I got to the point on this one where it was already tall enough and I needed that corner to be more "square" before I trimmed it down to "the" size. Then I could add more crumbs to the left side and finish it off. I guess I should go back and edit that part - ;))

kwiltnkats said...

Your sewing room looks so tidy being you are in the middle of a crumb project. Looks like you are well on your way. Do you have a target of how many you are going to make? Or is it when the crumbs run out? I can send you some...=^.^= Sandi

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Sandi - my sewing room only looks tidy because you don't see the rest of the room - LOL! - So far I have no real plan for the crumb blocks - but I have been considering setting them with some alternate blocks - or sewing them into 4-patches to "up" the size. In the meantime, they're like potato chips - I can't make just one - and the chances of me running out of crumbs are pretty much slim to none - not that I wouldn't accept any that you wanted to send my way - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...