Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Hearts -


Hearts -

And more Hearts - ;))

One for the GREEN top -




I had enough little pieces that I didn't have to cut any of the big ones - YAY!! -


Another one from little pieces from the Jiffy Jelly Roll Quilt -




And scraps from the Basic Math - Kaffe -



On this one - I did some "improv" piecing -


To cover the Heart -




Put it face down on a muslin square -


Stitched around it -


Trimmed it -


Tore off the paper -


Slit the muslin side to turn it inside out -


And it's all ready to applique -

No edges to turn under - they already are - LOL - ;))


Interweave I -




Interweave II -



Autumn Squirrel - Ugly Christmas Sweater -



Which left me with the bin of Squirrel Poop as Katie would say - LOL -


That I somehow forgot to sort between the two quilt tops -

Batik Squirrel Sister -


and Batik Squirrel Brother -


And since there was no way I was going to sort through all of this -

Trying to decide which piece belonged to which top -


I made two piles - some for one and some for the other -

And let it go at that - LOL - ;))


All of that gave me 9 more Hearts -

Since I had already made the one in the middle -


And now they can join their friends - ;))


I have over one hundred of them -

For my Memory Quilt -

Now the question is -

What to do with them? -

I have some ideas and played a little in EQ7 -

I'll share that with you tomorrow - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Katie said...

That memory quilt is going to be epic with all those hearts, but tons of fun to look at, too! I'm interested to see what you've come up with...and how it might evolve between now and completion, or even comstruction.

Frog Quilter said...

What a great idea! Can wait to see what you do with the hearts.

Gene Black said...

Yes, with that many hearts it is time to make the first of your heart quilts! LOL. I suspect that there will be more than one (If they ever get made!)

Take that as a challenge.

Sherry said...

WOW! Love the quilt show you presented. . . what lovely quilts.

Julie Fukuda said...

I think all my quilts are memory quilts because I keep using the same scraps over and over.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...