Sunday, December 5, 2021

Potholder - Borders -

 
 
I laid out some strips - 
 
For borders for the four potholders - 
 
And they are not awesome - 
 
But they will do - LOL - 
 
 
I made two piles -
 
One for each side of the potholder - left and right - 
 
And cut one pile at 6-1/2" - for the RIGHT side -
 
And the second one at 8" - for the LEFT side -

 
Now is a great time to "square up" the potholders - 

Because the sides should match the cut strips -
 
I added the RIGHT side first to all of them - 
 
Sewing with the border strip on the bottom - 
 
And pressed them toward the border strip - 

 
Then I added the LEFT side to all of them - 
 
Again sewing with the border strip on the bottom - 
 
And pressed them toward the border strip - 

 
Put them up on the design wall for a photo - 

 
And gathered the backs - GREEN squares - cut at 8" -
 
Some binding strips - LIGHT GREEN - strips cut at 2" x WOF (width of fabric) -
 
Some Insul-Brite squares - cut at 8" - 
 
Some Warm & Natural squares - cut at 8" - 

 
Made a stack for the first potholder - 
 
Back - RIGHT side DOWN -
 
Insul-Brite - SHINY side DOWN - 
 
Warm and Natural - (no top or bottom - same on both sides) -
 
Potholder "top" - RIGHT side UP - 

 
Then I quilted it "in the ditch" - 

 
I'll do the same with the other three tomorrow - 
 
Then I'll bind them - with a loop for hanging -
 
And be done - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Great instructions for both enlarging the block AND for assembling the potholders.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I would be afraid to use them and soil them. Lots of tiny pieces.

Barbara said...

I’m with Linda, these are too pretty to use. All my potholders are stained or even worse, burned!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...