Monday, September 26, 2011

QJ - Floral Applique - Part I-D

Design Wall Monday - 9/26/11

QUILT JOURNAL - Floral Applique - Part I-D

Then came -
Bird’s Nest with Roses – 
Here is the "Bird's Nest" part prepped for hand applique -


Leaves/Berries - 
I got the block cut out and prepped for hand appliqué -

and then I worked on the Irises -


Ellen helped me with the colors and shading of the petals -
The center of the one on the right is slightly padded - 


Close-up of the top left side -


There's another blue "rolled" bud -


The "over/under" part of this block was even more fun
than the Morning Glories - ;))


And the snail - don't forget the snail -


By the time I finished this block -

I had spent EIGHT months - 

Made FOUR blocks - 

And prepped TWO more.

I was TIRED of applique -

The rest of this sucker would have to wait until I retired –

So -

I stopped working on it in September 1997 - 

And I let it sit - 


6 comments:

  1. I have only one thing to say "ambitious!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shell of the sweetest.

    A csiga a legédesebb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shady is gorgeous and I love the rolled buds and the snail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such beautiful applique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, but I know what you mean about burning out on applique.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments -
they let me know that I'm not just talking to myself - ;))

FYI - I have always restricted comments to “Registered User” - and I have always moderated my comments - and I will continue to do so. I like to read your comments before I publish them - and I DO publish ALL of them - whether you agree with me or not. The only ones that I DO NOT publish are the “buy-me” and "spam" crap.

So - if you want to leave a comment but don’t like your word verification choice - hit the little arrow thingy to the right of the box until you find one that you DO like. I can’t always read them either but word verification is there for a reason and I refuse to be bullied into taking it off - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...