Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Blog!!

Happy Birthday, Blog!!


One year ago today I posted my very FIRST post –

WOO HOO!!

So - that makes today my Blog’s First Birthday!!

Some call it a Blogoversary -

So – for them - today is my Blog’s First Blogoversary!!

I just say – “Happy Birthday, Blog!!”

=====

This first year has been very interesting.

I have met some wonderful people - from all over the world.

Some are left-handed.

Some are right-handed.

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!!

To the lefties – I say – 

  • TIHIDI - This Is How I Do It.
  •  I hope this blog has helped you.

To the righties – I say –
  • Just reverse the directions. ;))
  • It’s not as easy as it sounds.

Right-handers have all the resources in the world available to them.

Left-handers aren’t so lucky.  Our resources are very limited.  We have to use patterns, books, and tools designed for right-handers and are constantly told to
“just reverse the directions.”  It’s NOT that easy!  Some of my right-handed friends have come to realize that when they tried to “reverse” some of my tutorials.

Last year - I tried to reduce the global confusion once and for all by offering hints - tutorials - resources - or whatever else I could think of - to help with quilting challenges.  I wrote some tutorials and tried to explain how I do things and then showed you how I do it.

Last year - I also tried to be perfectly clear that there is always more than one way to do things.  I'm not saying that my way is the easiest or the best.  But maybe, just maybe - it will help you.  I certainly hope so.

Last year - because doing things left-handed really is like speaking a foreign language - I created a new language.  I wrote my instructions in what I like to call - "LEFTISH" - and I got to say - "If you are right-handed - just reverse it."

Last year - I also said that I don't pretend to know everything - and can only tell you how I do it.  I even made up another new word - "TIHIDI" - "This Is How I Do It" - if you say it out loud, it sounds kinda like "Tahiti" - cool!!

This next year – I'm planning to turn my tutorials into books.

Left-Handed Quilting books.

You're going to love them!!



Talk to you later – gotta go – gotta sew –

5 comments:

Editfolt said...

Congratulations! Happy "blog" birthday!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Blog! And contragts to you for making it through a year! (I'd love to see the stats on how many blogs are started and abandoned by the one year mark...) And yay for "just reverse it"...I'm a rightie, but you know I live in a family with lefties, so I get it.

Judee said...

Congratulations, Kitty! May there be more years to come.

Sue said...

AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! Happy bloggy birthday to ye! It Talk Like A Pirate Day today....So....*warming up and singing in my best pirate voice* Happy bloggy birthday to yeeeeeeeee!!!!! Time for a pirate's favourite dinner....BAAARRRRR-B-Q!!! HAR! HAR! HAR!

Katie M. said...

Happy Blog Birthday (a little late - I was internetless for a few days due to travel!) Your blog has been a help and inspiration even to you right handed friends - Wishing you a much more success in blogland :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...