Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Two Question Tuesday - 9/27/11

Two Question Tuesday – 9/27/11

Here's the deal - I really liked Mama M.'s Five Question Friday - but that's just too many questions for me.  So I'm going to do my version - and without the linky thingy.

I'll ask two questions and then give you my answers.  If you want to play - you can give me your answers in the comment section.  If you have a blog and would rather answer them there - just leave a link to your blog instead. I don't know how to do the "Linky" thing like Mama M. yet - and to be honest - I would rather sew than find out - so I'll do it this way until I figure it out.
==========

Two questions for you this Tuesday -

1.  Are you math-challenged?

2.  WARNING - This next question is a math problem - but please keep reading if you want to see/hear Grandson #3's answer.  ;))

If a bat and a ball together cost $1.10 and the bat costs $1.00 more than the ball – how much does the ball cost?

==========

1.  Are you math-challenged?
Not at all.  I LOVE MATH.  I think that there’s just something magical about numbers and how they work - they fascinate me.

2.  If a bat and a ball together cost $1.10 and the bat costs $1.00 more than the ball – how much does the ball cost?

Just so you know – I got it WRONG -
My brain instantly said – TEN CENTS -
It’s NOT ten cents.
That would make the bat cost $1.10 all by itself - 
and the bat and ball TOGETHER cost $1.10.
So it's NOT ten cents.

Again – just for fun –

I asked Grandsons #1 - #2 - and #3 what they thought the answer was -

#1 and #2 each thought the ball cost ten cents – same as me - 

#3 agreed – then said, “Plus tax!”

I laughed so hard - I damn near fell off my chair! 

As you already know -

#3’s brain doesn’t work quite the same as the rest of us –  ;))

I really can’t wait to see who/what he grows up to be!!


==========

OK - your turn.



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

P.S.  BOB will tell you the answer - here - if you want to know or even care.

4 comments:

Katie said...

#1 - For some reason, when it comes to calculating quilt size and borders needed, I happen to be math challenged too often. That stupid seam allowance...

#2 - 5 cents. Apparently I'm not THAT math challenged because I figured this out and THEN went to see what BOB told me. But my first instinct was 10 cents as well...sheesh, you gotta tell us this is an algebra problem first! :)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Katie - I warned you guys it was a math problem - but what I really wanted to do was to tell everybody Grandson #3's ANSWER - more than I wanted to test your math skills. I got it wrong - so my math skills aren't always that great either!!

Rose said...

When I was a child, I was so bad in math that my parents paid for me to be tutored after school. So, what did I end up doing for a living? That's right, I worked with math all day, every day for over 25 years.

I got the math problem wrong too.
I've been retired for 12 years and I guess I'm getting rusty. You don't use it, you lose it.

Cindy Quilts said...

#1 Hate math! Makes my brain freeze up.

#2 I got it wrong too :(
Love your grandson's answer! In real life there is tax.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...