Thursday, October 19, 2017

Almost done with the back -


I actually found some time to SEW today!! - YAY me!! - ;))

I'm trying something different this time - we'll see if it works - ;))

I cut the batting roughly the size of the baby quilt - with a little extra on each side - then I worked up the backing in two columns with several sections in each -

Below is a photo of the two sections on the bottom right side -
the raspberry/purple/pink (depending on the lighting - LOL) is the top layer - shown on the right -
both layers are pinned right sides together - as usual


Stitched it down with my walking foot - just the backing to the batting at this point -


Flipped it open - pressed it all out nice and neat (gotta love that fusible batting) -

And it came out pretty straight considering I had no idea where the plaid lines were because they were UNDER the raspberry/purple/pink fabric as I was sewing -


Layered and pinned the next section - basically working from the bottom to the top on the right side of the backing - left to right in the photo -


Stitched that down -


Flipped it open - and pressed it again - smoothing it all out -


Pinned the next section on -


Stitched - flipped - pressed it open -


When I had the right side stitched down - I took the left side (all the sections had been sewn together so it was one loooong piece) - pinned that down - right sides together - as usual -


Stitched - flipped - pressed it open -

And it doesn't look too bad - but it looks really light and pink in this photo -


The colors are more "true" in this one -


And in this one -


So - next up - is to baste all around the outside edge - to keep the edges tacked down so they don't accidentally get caught up or folded somehow -


THEN -

I'll start playing with the front -

And I'm on to Plan C -

So I'll show you later -

See what you think - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Ah, so neat and tidy. Looks like you had a good plan and enough time to proceed.

Frog Quilter said...

Go girl. Love it! Anxious to see the quilting.

Gene Black said...

Great job on "mixing it up" to make the back more fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...