Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Mixed emotions -


As my regular readers already know - on my blog - I like to stick to "safe" topics - like quilting - and try to stay away from personal drama - politics - religion - and current events. There are days like today when I don't know what to say - there are no words - the world just seems to be going crazy - and all I can do is watch. Prayers sure don't seem to be working.

===

Today was a day of mixed emotions -

It started with my annual doctor appointment - DREADED -

My doctor ordered some routine lab tests - NORMAL -

Then he ordered one of my new rulers -

For his LEFT-Handed quilter wife - ECSTATIC -

Then I came home - NORMAL -

Then later I checked the mail - got some bills and junk mail - NORMAL -

And on the way back to my house -

I stopped to talk to a neighbor - USUALLY FUN -

And was told that another neighbor and his girlfriend -

Were killed in the Las Vegas shooting -

There are no words -



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

I know there is no words. Sometimes all you can do is to sewing.

Gene Black said...

I am sorry to hear about your neighbor and his girlfriend. I have no words either.

Frog Quilter said...

So sorry to here of your friends passing.

Katie Z. said...

What a difficult time. While prayers may not seem to be working, I'll keep saying them. Maybe things would be worse if we weren't praying at all?

Barbara said...

So sad, I’m very sorry. You are not talking to yourself. Many of us are also without words and very frightened.

Julie Fukuda said...

Hardly any guns here in Japan and the illegal ones are owned by gangsters who tend to kill each other. Nearly a week of news coming in from the states and nothing seems to change.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...