Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Lavender - do over - part 2 -


I got the strips separated - and decided to offset them a bit -


The lighting in that last photo makes them look pink - but they are a really pretty shade of lavender - more like in this photo -


I think that if I take off the sections at the right end of the strip - at the designated "new" end - and then sew them back to the left end of the strip - I should be able to keep the "offset" going - but the way my brain is working these days - I'm not really sure - I'm still in shock with the shooting in Las Vegas. It hit me close to home in more than one way - Las Vegas is my home town - I was born and raised there.

I don't know what the answer is - but BOB and I don't like that everyone is all about "healing" now. That's all well and good - and I think we do need to somehow come to terms with it - but it sure sounds a lot like "forget about it" and "pretend that it didn't happen" - and I don't agree with that.

I think we should ALL remember what happened.

I was reading more news articles yesterday - and one comment struck a chord. I don't know if the commenter was quoting someone else or not - and I didn't write down the name of the commenter - and - of course - couldn't find the article or the comment when I decided to add this part to this post - so I can't give credit to the source - but it went something like -

We may get through it - but we'll never over it.

I totally agree.

OK - off my soapbox - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I didn't think you liked un-sewing so much that you would keep doing more...

Gene Black said...

Enjoy - or try to enjoy - your creative construction method.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...