Friday, October 13, 2017

Great minds!


I only got this far -


But I thought it was funny that Gene's comment yesterday - in part - said -
While you are doing the piecing, you could cut the FQs - or some of them- in half and make the back more scrappy- you would just have to add more strips than you are thinking right now. Some black, or white, or gray (or purple if you have it) yardage could substitute for the strips.
I sent him an email and said -
Haha - you're getting ahead of me. I sketched out a "back" with the FQ cut into 2 pieces - 13 x 18 and 9 x 18 - with the sections mixed up with strips separating them. I think I have plenty of strips in the roll - but if not - I have other FQs and another roll of the same color lavender strips available.

I've been busy this week with other stuff so haven't had a whole lot of time to sew. I should be able to get some done this weekend - I hope - ;))
To which he replied -
Great minds!
I don't know yet if I will need more spacers - and this may not be final layout - but it's a start - and I'm farther along than I was yesterday - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...