Saturday, January 4, 2014

So far - so good -

It’s Day 4 of the New Year -

And -

So far - so good - ;))

This post is going to be a bit different from my regular posts -

A bunch of stuff -

On a bunch of different topics - ;))
===

TUSAL -
Daffycat’s Totally Useless Sew-A-Long
Check out the link on the sidebar


I signed up again this year - but I think that this time I won’t empty my ORT jar every New Moon. Instead, I’ll keep adding to it - see if that makes it feel like I have actually accomplished anything - ;))

===

LTRTCWSA -
Leisurely Turtle Race To Christmas With Squirrels Allowed -
Type “race” in the Search Box to find out more -


KatieM was worried about catching up and I told her -
Don't worry about catching up, Katie - it's a New Year and a New Race. Besides, anyone who participates automatically WINS because we always declare it a TIE at the end. The Race is just about playing with Christmas stuff all year long and not waiting until after Thanksgiving to start - and whether or not you actually finish anything is irrelevant - it's all about the playing - ;))
===

Celtic Solstice - HERE -

I guess I wasn’t supposed to make this one. I wanted to use Christmas colors - red - green - gold - with blue as the fourth color and decided to wait to see where to put the blue - so that it would look like Christmas and not the Fourth of July. When Bonnie revealed the final quilt - I worked it up in EQ7 and tried various combinations of my colors - and didn’t like any of them. Besides - I haven’t finished LAST year’s mystery - and I have another scrap quilt that I want to make - HERE - ;))

===

YE - INVENTORY -
UPDATING TABS -


At some point I will take inventory and update my UFO list - and I probably have more now that I did a year ago - haha - ;))

And I heard that saying about what you do on New Year's Day is what you do the rest of the year so I made sure that I got some sewing done that day!! - ;))

===

KATERINA -

Left me a comment - with a bunch of links. The wording sounds a bit “off” and the links made me suspect that it is/was SPAM - so I deleted it - just to be safe. Even WITH word verification - this stuff gets through - UUGGHH!!! -
It is good article and in my opinion this one give many advantages especially for me and others.I do hope you always update the best article like it. If there is new article like this one again, i will check it as soon as possible. Good luck and thank you so much. (links deleted by me)
===

Now I have some “ducks” to deal with - tax stuff - and insurance stuff - then I can play some more - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -


2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I got a message, not exactly like that comment, but it gave me the same suspicion. I also had one post that was being hacked to send out spam. I remembered last year when Bonnie Hunter closed the comments to one of her posts so I asked my son if he could figure out how to do that. After all, it was a August post and I don't expect any more comments anyway. I hope it ends the spam problem. As for the TUSAL, I agree that it may be more interesting if you don't empty the jar each month.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I think that spammers are counting on bloggers not checking their older posts and comments and are trying to sneak them in there when we're not looking. I started to "moderate" my comments when I first started my blog. I don't get many comments and I don't want to MISS any of them - ;)) Now it turns out that it's not such a bad idea. It allows me to read ALL of the comments - BEFORE they get published - but even then sometimes I can't decide if a particular comment is spam or not - ;))

And I have noticed that more and more blogs have gone back to having "word verification" - even Bonnie Hunter has it now. I have always thought that it was there for a reason and that any "hassle" is minimal compared to the spam that would normally get through despite Blogger's best efforts - ;))

And my TUSAL jar might wind up being more representative of what I have "unsewn" this year - haha - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...