Monday, January 27, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 1/27/14

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


Long time no blog - ;))

The last time we “spoke” - HERE -

My experiment seemed to be working - YAY!!
It seems to be working - YAY!!

BUT it takes time because the BASE is HUGE -

And the stitching lines are LONG -

And my quilting lines are about 3-1/2” apart -

But I’m no real hurry -

And I’m having a REALLY good time - ;))

And I was -

I forgot about the part where the lines got shorter -

As I got closer to the corner - ;))

I added more strips to the base - ;))



Following stripes is SUPER easy -
Just extend the lines - in chalk - to the ends of the base -
Marked with the pins - ;))



Added another strip to the base -


Stitched around the edge -
And trimmed off the excess fabric -


And I got the right side of the first BACK done -
Except for the corner on the right end -
Which will be covered with a chunk trimmed from the sides - ;))


===

And then I got some squishy, quilty mail -
A Box of Squirrels - and some plaids - courtesy of my friend LindaJ -
Of life, quilts and a cat too -
She tells you all about them - HERE - ;))



But I haven't made much progress since then - not much as in zero - nada - zilch - nor have I had a chance to play with my Box of Squirrels - but I have a really good excuse - ;))

I managed to slip in some dog vomit at the end of the hallway and smash my knee. We have laminate flooring down the hall - and it is normally not slippery when wet - but dog vomit is apparently VERY slippery and I didn't see it. I didn't bother to turn on the light to go down the hallway - why would I?? - I do it a million times a day on my way to the bathroom and hadn't slipped once until then. Anyway - hurts like a some beach - can't do much except R.I.C.E. - (Rest - Ice - Compression - Elevation) - the usual crap - and it makes me not want to do much. Thought that I would title a post A Box of Squirrels and dog vomit - but I figured people might get the wrong idea - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



8 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am glad Linda didn't offer me her scraps. My ability to say no to fabric is low. Ha ha. Enjoy the squirrels while you are RICE-ing and watch out for dog vomit!

Linda said...

OMG!! You just crack me up sometimes!! That title!!
As I was reading along I was admiring what you had accomplished and then came the part about you slipping. Oh so sorry you got hurt.
And then..... BOOM .... that title. HAHAHA

seriously, I am sorry you are hurting. Really

Linda C said...

I hope you have had some improvement in the injury status. I can just see what the ER report would look like had you gone. Gross stuff to slip in.

Karen M said...

I feel your pain. DH always scolds me for not turning on lights when I go down the hall or up/down stairs. I always think, why should I? I know where everything is. Your experience is a warning for me. Turn on the lights! Hope you feel better soon.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Gene - my ability to say no to fabric is probably even lower than yours - haha - and I'm REALLY looking forward to playing with the squirrels - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda - the ice helps but it will just take time - watch yourself on your new floor!! - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda - it is getting a little better every day - but the bruise is kinda gross - so be careful on your new floor!! - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Karen - YES!! - TURN ON THE LIGHTS!! - and LOOK WHERE YOU ARE GOING!! - ;)) It only takes a split second to fall and mess yourself up - and 3-4 weeks of telling yourself that you should have turned on the dang lights in the first place - it would have saved you some pain and ice - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...