Saturday, January 11, 2014

Loose ends -


I had a plan -

But needed to tidy up a few loose ends first- ;))

===

I had a stack of Halloween fabric pulled for the October Sudoku that I never made. Some of it wasn't washed yet - so I washed/pressed/folded that and put it away -

I put away most of the big stuff left over from my Floral Applique and LHQSQ and the other Sudoku Quilts -

I still have the scraps - but that is for another day - ;))

I don't have a longarm and have a heck of a time wrestling with a big top to get it pinned all by myself - so I had spray-basted some of the smaller tops and have them in a big pile to be quilted -

I re-arranged my room a bit and set up the big folding table to the left of the machine/table that I have set up for quilting - to hold the bulk of the quilt -

I changed the foot on my sewing machine to my walking foot -

And decided to start with the FIVE for the kids -

The Black/White/Red - Big & Bold from Connecting Threads - ;))

I was told (not asked) by our daughter years ago not to make any more "blankets" for the boys because they had too many. My feelings were hurt at first - but that's when I decided that it REALLY freed me up to do what I wanted to do - when I wanted to do it - at my own speed - with no deadlines or any - "Gee, I hope they like it!" - ;))

The B/W/R ones were/are to be one last quilt for each - ;))

They have been hanging in the closet for years and are now too short for the boys - those guys grew a bunch!! Anyway - I need to get them enlarged - and quilted - they are taking up valuable space - ;))

I already made matching pillowcases - HERE -


And I finished the last top - HERE -


And I am going to cheat - BIG TIME - ;))

I got some cheapo quilted twin-sized bedspreads - and I'm going to use them as a base for a Flip-and-Sew/Quilt-As-You-Go style quilting marathon - ;))

Santa brought me some "Pinmoors" -
Check out the site and video -  HERE -

So I figure I can fold the top vertically at the center seam - pin and stitch it to the base - fold it open - pin at the next major seam - sew - fold over - pin - sew - until I get to the edge - and add a strip at the edge as a border to finish it off. May piece the strip or not - don't know yet. Then when the top is covered - flip it over and do the same to the back - only on the diagonal with whatever fabric chunks I have - and I have a BUNCH - ;))

To be continued -



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Linda said...

That sounds like a great plan.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda - now I hope it works - ;))

Karen M said...

I am intrigued. Share more.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

More will be revealed tomorrow - ;))

Katie M. said...

what a great idea! I've never done the flip n stitch on anything larger than a table topper, I'm going to be interested to see how you like doing it 'large scale'!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Me, too!! - haha - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...