Sunday, March 25, 2018

A little cutting -


After I figured out how many more units I need to get my 4x4 Deep Red Crumb Squares up to a 5x6 layout - which should make it a pretty good sized lap quilt -


But I didn't realize that it would require -

14 more Crumb BIG blocks with 4 little ones each - so another 56 Crumb blocks
14 more sets of 4 RED sashes - so another 56 of those
14 more GREEN centers
11 more Alternate blocks with 4 sets of little RED ones - so 44 more of those
11 more RED centers
11 more sets of 4 Crumb sashes with 3 squares each - so another 132 of those

Good grief!! -

The original 4x4 only needed 16 Crumb Squares and 9 Alternate Blocks -

It's like a whole other quilt!! -

I also needed to cut 6 more side triangles - QST -

But surprisingly enough -

I didn't need any additional corners -

Just kidding - 4 corners is still 4 corners - no matter what -

I wanted to see if you were paying attention - LOL - ;))

So - while I'm in a "cutting" mood - I might try to get a head start on the next one that I have planned - see if it looks as good "in real life" as it does in my head. Then I can get going on making more Crumb blocks - ;))

These really are like potato chips -

I can't make just one - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Yep, it's confirmed. You are addicted!

Gene Black said...

Those pieces add up quickly when you enlarge a pattern. Just keep thinking "this will look fabulous!"

Julie Fukuda said...

Yes indeed, this can be addictive. Don't ask how I know ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...