Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The backside -


Is just as important as the frontside -

So I thought I would show you How I Did It - ;))

I sewed the "alternate" blocks together assembly-line style -

Chain piecing a top section - then a sashing strip - then a bottom section -

And clipped them apart in sets - one set per block -


I clipped apart the sections in one set -

Then pressed the top section to the "solid" -
And turned it so that the "sashing squares" were pressed AWAY from the center -


And pressed the "sashing squares" on each side TOWARD the "center solid square"


The bottom section was pressed the same way as the top section -
And turned so that the "sashing squares" were pressed AWAY from the center -

I assembled two blocks at a time -
Sewing the sashing strip to the top section with the sashing strip on top -


After the second block sections were sewn -
I clipped off the one in the back and added the bottom section to it -
Again sewing with the sashing strip on top -


Since the bottom section has the solid squares -
The only seams that have to match are where the center square meets the sashing on the bottom section -


When the first one was complete -
Clipped it off and pressed it like so -


Flipped it over - and it matched up pretty well -


Rinse and repeat -

Now I have all nine alternate blocks DONE! - ;))


Time to get back to making more Crumb blocks - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - ;))



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Those crumb blocks are the serious time hog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...