Sunday, September 11, 2022

Backing -

 
 
Is made for my Upstairs/Downstairs - Wild Things
 
And it's folded in half and draped over my quilt frame - 
 

It's not fancy - 

It's two sections of BLACK - 

With an inserted panel of the binding fabric with strips of BLACK - 

I don't know why - 
 
But piecing the back for a quilt always seems to be such a chore for me - 

I'll have to figure out some way - 
 
To make it less of a chore soon - 

Because I have a LOT of backs to make -
 
And I know that they make WIDE backings - 
 
But they can be expensive - 
 
And I have such a HUGE stash - 
 
I might as well USE it -  ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -
 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I suspect that piecing the back is a chore because you find it boring. It isn't nearly as exciting as piecing a quilt top. Several times I have found wide backs at a bargain. Then I typically use the leftover/trimmings for piecing, also.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The backing is great. They are work and maybe we think they should automatically appear when we finish a top. Just part of the process and they make the quilting stitching look good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...