Monday, September 26, 2022

Texture -

 
 
Was all I was going for when I quilted - 
 
My Antique Squirrel - BIG BROTHER version
 
I'm still learning how to control my new machine - 
 
And my quilting is not that great yet - 
 
But I think I nailed the "texture" part - LOL - 

It should look awesome when it's washed -
 


 
Today I got it trimmed - 

 
Then I cut the strips for the binding - 
 
The BROWN was cut from the backing trimmings - 
 And will be the main color - 
 
The TURQUOISE was cut from the same yardage as the "squares on point" - 
And will be the flange color - 

 
I'll set all of this aside tomorrow - 
 
Because I want to prepare another backing - 
 
In case my "zipper" one doesn't work - 
 
I plan to baste the other halves of the zippers to the leader cloths -
 
While the guy is dismantling the old frame and building the new one - 

But that might not be possible - 
 
So I should probably have another backing ready to pin -
 
And another piece of batting - and another quilt top ready to go - 
 
Just in case - 
 
I like to have "options" - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

You certainly got some great texture. Once it is washed it will be even nicer.
Yes, it is good to have options ready. ((grin))

Jeanna said...

Oh I love the texture. One can never have too many options, in my opinion.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The quilt looks great and in record time it will be totally done.

Sue said...

The texture is fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...