Monday, September 12, 2022

Progress -

I got the binding attached to the back - 
Of my I Used To Be Placemats
I still have to sew the "join" and stitch it down from the front - 
So that's on the agenda for tomorrow -
And I basted zippers to the top and bottom of the backing piece - 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Wild Things

I had trimmed and squared the backing before I basted on the zippers - 
But I trimmed the ends again to the length of the zippers - 
Because the backing was a bit longer - 
My leader cloths will be 88" and the zippers are 90" - 
So I didn't want too much "extra" on the ends - 
At least until I know whether or not they will "interfere" with anything - 

The "zipper" method for attaching backings to leader cloths - 
Has been around for a LONG time - 

I'm just late to the party - LOL - 

I found/watched several YouTube videos -
Demonstrating the process - 

And I think I have each half of the zipper basted on correctly - 

But I won't know for sure until I get another set sewn to the leader cloths - 
If it works like I think it should - I'll share how I do it - 
Which may or may not be the way the rest of the world does it - LOL - 
Already I know that some people "pin" their backings to the zippers - 

And other people "baste" them - 

BOB agrees with the "other" people - 
And told me to baste them -
So I did - LOL - ;))

Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


Gene Black said...

You are certainly going to be ready for the larger frame when it arrives.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I gave up on zippers. I ripped many a shirt on the pins. I use Leader Grips and love them. I can make minute adjustments easily and quickly. I gave the zippers away.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...