Tuesday, September 12, 2023

A little skewed -

 
 
The strata for my Sundance Bargello  - 
 
Was already sewn into a tube -
 
And a little skewed - 
 
So I re-pressed it -
 
But that didn't fix it - 
 
So I took out that last seam - 
 
And laid it out on my insert tables - 
 
When I straightened it out -
 
And folded it up -
 
To check the "alignment" - 
 
The whole thing was offset by a couple of inches - 
 

 I could un-sew a couple more seams to try to straighten it out -
 
Or just leave it and pin it the way it is -
 
Then resew it - 
 
I'm leaning toward the latter - 
 
I have to re-check my math - 
 
But I think I have enough between the skewed edges - 
 
To get all of the strips that I need -
 
And I can always cut the outermost strips - 
 
A bit narrower than the pattern states - 
 
Who's going to know - 
 
What they "should have been"? - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

Cutting those outer strips to a different size, isn’t that a design choice?

Jeanna said...

I would be frustrated to not know what happened to cause the skewing BUT...sounds like you may have a solution. And, NO, no one will be able to tell (except you).

Katie said...

I like Gene's way of thinking. Design choice for sure!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I was going to suggest you do what you did because they don't always line up perfectly with the last seam of the tube. I usually ty pressing it one more time to try to straighten it a little more and then give in and sew it with the mismatched ends.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I would just have to take it all apart because I know it will bite me in the behind once everything was sewn up. I would not like it, but I would have to do it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...