Monday, September 4, 2023

Bound -

 
 
I was on a roll - 
 
And in the mood to bind something - 
 
So I kept going - 
 
And my Karma Churn Dash is bound - 
 
Ta Dah! - 
 





Yesterday I was asked 
-
How do you connect the ends of your binding when you have it in 2 colors?
I make my "Flanged binding" using a method that I found in a YouTube video - 
Jordan Fabrics - Flange Binding - HERE -  
It is my all-time FAVORITE method for making binding - 
How to sew the "join" is around the 9:35 mark - 

So -
 
Binding takes me a little time - 

Because I do it in three steps - 
  1. Stitch it to the back of the quilt at my "walking foot" machine - with the big tables in back and on the left side - to hold the weight of the quilt -
  2. Cut and sew the "join" at my "piecing" machine - with the 1/4" foot - then press it away from the top - because the ironing board is next to my "piecing" machine -
  3. Then I go back to my "walking foot" machine to stitch it down to the front - and sew the label on -
But - most importantly - 
 
Binding takes me a little time - 
 
Because I have to be in the mood to DO it - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

It looks good.The link for the binding video didn't work for me, but I found it on YouTube here
https://youtu.be/EB0rc76kVV4?si=lesOKNgyE4m7O96b

Katie said...

Hooray for a finish! It looks great. On to the next quilt, right?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thanks for the video link- I like the way she does the join better than what I did. Love the flange binding even though it is more work.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Nice finish, pretty quilt!
I have to be in the mood for several processes in quiltmaking, and getting in the mood isn't instantaneous. Some times more than a year......

Jeanna said...

Great job on the Karma Churn Dash finish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...