Friday, September 15, 2023

Starting in the middle -

 
 
I pulled the center strip/tube - 
 
For my Northern Woods Bargello
 
And the four strips/tubes to the left - 
 
And the four strips/tubes to the right - 
 
 
Turned the strips/tubes inside out - 
 
Then stair-stepped them according to the pattern - 

 
Starting in the center seemed to be the most logical spot - 
 
Since I have NO idea how this one is going to turn out - 
 
My Imperial Bargello has THREE repeats of each fabric - 
 
This one and my Sundance Bargello only have TWO - 
 
I fiddled with adjusting the center "tube" to put various fabrics at the top - 

Then figured that it really wouldn't make much of a difference - 

The fabrics were in a pleasing order straight out of the package - 

So I tried to not over-think it - 

And put the DARK GREEN one at the top - 

With the ORANGE one below it - 
 
The same way I sewed the strata -
 
That should make it easy to follow the ORANGE patch -
 
As it shifts up and down the pattern - 
 
Now I need to "unsew" each tube at the top - 
 
To make the long strips -  

And start sewing them together - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

It already looks like it is going to be a beauty!

Jeanna said...

The orange is definitely an easy fabric to target. This is going to be pretty.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks wonderful. If you have great fabric and colors, it is amazing what can be done.

Kara Kwilts said...

You are truly smarter than me. I never thought to turn the strips right side out when arranging them. So much easier to follow if they are right sides out. Here's to you. :) Kara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...