Monday, March 16, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 3/16/15


DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


On my wall today -

TWOSIES!! -


I LOVE 9-patches -

I think that they are my FAVORITE block!! -

My Left-Handed Quilter Sampler Quilt -
LHQSQ for short -

Is comprised of Ninety-nine 9-patches -
That I found in EQ7 -
Check out the page/tab at the top of my blog - ;))

These 9-patches were made from a charm pack -
And a Moda Bake Shop Recipe -
Original Recipe - 9-patchtastic - by Monica Solorio-Snow - HERE -

She uses Billie Lauder’s - Nine Patch Units - 2 from 2 method -
Found in her book - Quilt Quick Tricks - (c) 2002
Quick Method - Make Two Units At One Time
One - 5 Light / 4 Dark & One 4 Light / 5 Dark
This method is perfect for charm squares -
But I had a hard time making them come out the right size -
I don’t know if it was my cutting or my sewing -
But I basically gave up -

And resorted to simply cutting the charms into strips -
After trimming them down to 4-1/2” square -
And getting rid of the dang “pinked” edges -
(Hate those!! - Just cut the dang square straight - thankyouverymuch!!) -

And then using my June Tailor Short Cut (TM) - HERE -

To cut the background strips - ;))




Some match-ups came out better than others -


But they were easily fixed - ;))

When I had both the positive and negative strip sets made -

I put them under the June Tailor Short Cut (TM)-


Sliced them -

Switched out the middle sections -


Sewed them together -


And just kept going - ;))


When I got all of the sets done -


I liked how they looked in the cookie sheets -

So pretty much put them up on the wall -

The same way - ;))


Then I worked on the Churn Dash a little -

Here it is -
On the wall - sideways -
Because it’s easier to reach the top row that way - ;))


So -

What do you see? -

Do you see four rows of six blocks?? -

Not me -

I see six 4-patches -


And that’s how I’m going to put it together - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

The Quilt Witches said...

Wow this looks cool! I love the color you used. keep on going girl.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks - it looks like a 9-patch version of your KLIKO quilt - doesn't it?? - ;))

Cindy said...

Nine patches are a favorite of mine. Love to make mini (3 inch)ones using Bonnie Hunters "headers and enders" method. Your fabric choices are perfect for spring. :)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Cindy - these will be 3" finished - and the colors ARE yummy - aren't they? - ;))

Kat said...

Love your 9 patch!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Kat - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...