Monday, March 30, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 3/30/15


DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


On my wall today -

CRUMB BLOCKS - ;))


Well, actually they're on the little table BELOW the design wall -

Because the 9-patch TWOSIES are still ON the wall -

But they are my project for the week -

So I think that they still count - ;))

Anyway -

I liked them all -

Except this one -


It was too STRAIGHT -

And NOT like the others -

So I took a strip of green and sewed it on at an angle -


Cut it into two chunks -
Added a bit of red to the right side of the LEFT chunk -
And another chunk to the left side of the RIGHT chunk -


Trimmed the RIGHT chunk -

And - Voila!! -

MUCH BETTER - ;))


I have a few more to play with -

Some are almost done -


And some need a bit more - ;))


These silly things are like potato chips -

I can't make just one!! - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -


4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love that kind of play with scraps.

Katie M. said...

just being curious here - what's the size on your crumb blocks? You know my love/hate relationship with scraps.... I pulled out the scrap bin to work on a scrappy block and I'm thinking it's time to get serious with scaling down those scraps or send them on to someone who will actually appreciate them......

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It IS fun, isn't it? - Just PLAY with them!! - Reminds me of making mud pies as a kid - making a mess and loving every minute of it - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I cut these down to 3-1/2" square - one of my favorite sizes. They will finish at 3" - and can be combined to make 6" or 9" or 12" blocks - or sashed and then joined together to make other stuff. I think these might be great as the center of some 9-patches that I have bouncing around in my head - ;))

And if any or all of your scraps need a new home - you know where I live - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...