Saturday, May 26, 2018

Back to Upstairs/Downstairs -


After I spent most of the day doing "chores" -

I wanted to play with the backing that I had chosen for Upstairs/Downstairs -

But before I knew it - it was time for dinner - so maybe tomorrow - ;))


The top came out to 36" x 36" -

And has so many pretty colors it was hard to choose which one to "feature" - ;))

I finally decided to accent the Coral -

When I found a yard of this really pretty large-scale black print with coral and lavender hibiscus and surfboards. It's perfect for a backing - the beautiful flowers and the surfboards would disappear if I cut it up into strips or small pieces -

The strip at the bottom of the photo is a tone-on-tone coral that I'll use as a "spacer" to get the back a bit larger than the top when I go to baste it - ;))


And just so you know -

I'm really enjoying those YUMMY cupcakes -

I haven't eaten all of them yet -

But that might not be true tomorrow - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I like the backing fabric. I think it is a great choice. Did I remember that you said you will probably use the coral for the binding also?

If I ate that many cupcakes in two days, my blood sugar would be way too high.

Jeanna said...

Love the coral and the floral fabrics. This is going to be a nice finish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...