Thursday, May 24, 2018

More new stuff -


And some old stuff that I forgot to post - ;))

I didn't realize that it's been over a week since my last post -

So - grab a cup of coffee - this will be a "catch-up" post - ;))

First the OLD Stuff -

My "jigsaw puzzle" friend and I put together a couple of puzzles last month -




And then I WON a Fat Quarter from Rhonda -

THANK YOU - Rhonda -

I LOVE squishy mail - ;))


NEW Stuff -

I told a friend that after playing with my new camera for a couple of days - I discovered some things that I don't like about it - and it's not just that they are different - they are flat out ANNOYING!!

1 - It's small like my old one - so that's OK - I have a little "tripod" thingy that I screw into the bottom of the camera and hold with my left hand while I push the button with my right. The new camera can accept the tripod - but it gets in the way of the battery/memory card slot - that I apparently need to open frequently -

2 - The old one didn't need a memory card - it has/had an internal memory - which did NOT have to be removed to download to my computer - so having to take off the tripod and then take the memory card out is not nearly as quick/easy as grabbing the USB cord and plugging one end into the camera and the other end into the computer to download whatever photos I took during the day -

3 - The old one didn't come with a USB cord - but I do think one is available - need to check that out -

4 - The old one has/had a battery charger that used the USB cord to recharge - the new one has a battery charger, too - but you have to take the battery pack out of the camera and put it into the battery charger and then plug the whole thing into the wall outlet - again - not nearly as quick/easy as grabbing the USB cord and plugging one end into the camera and the other end into the battery charger already in the wall outlet -

5 - The new one has a "focus" feature that sounds good until you have to use it - you have to press the button down half-way until it beeps/focuses - then press it all the way down - and hold it STILL until the shutter sound stops - which seems to take f.o.r.e.v.e.r. -

When I FINALLY found where the USB cord can be attached to download the photos - I ordered a set of USB cables (3) that look nothing like the one I use on my old camera - the last one on the right - knowing that one of them would fit my new camera (the first one on the left) - the other two will come in handy for other "stuff" if/when I need them - ;))


So then I looked at other cameras - with internal memory included - AND USB cords. I found one that has what I want - for a reasonable price. I downloaded the manual BEFORE I plunked down the $$$ - something I should have done before I bought the new one - and checked out some of the features. I could have gone ahead and ordered it right then - but I wanted to check out some other online stores in case there was something out there that might be even better. My brain was fried right about then - so I decided to mess with it later - and SEW a little - ;))

I got Upstairs/Downstairs together -

Old camera shot -


New camera shot -


I didn't really pay much attention to how the blocks went up on the wall -

But I like how it turned out -

And I like how the yellow/gold patches brighten it up -

And how the optical illusion of on-point squares appear when 4 blocks are set together and alternated up/down -

This one looks like the dark blue square is the center of the square -


But here - you can see that it is not -
In the 4-square set it's the top left corner square of the block on the bottom right -


And did you notice that the "Old camera shot" and the two above do NOT have the spot in the middle left side? -

Well - I did find/order a different/new camera because my other/new one has some annoying features. Then one night I took some pictures with my old/old camera - just because I didn't want to deal with the new one and it's annoying features - and wanted some to post - which I didn't then - but am doing now - LOL - ;))

Anyway -

The funny part - NO spot on the photos - which is why I got the other/new camera in the first place. I have NO idea what I did or why that happened. Maybe what I originally thought was a speck of dirt on the lens - that I tried to clean - and that wouldn't come off - really WAS a speck of dirt - LOL - ;))

So here I am with two cameras and another one on the way - and minus some $$$ that I could have used on fabric.

BOB says I have plenty of fabric and only two cameras and they need a friend - ;))

In other news I made some "homemade" croutons with some stale French Bread and some seasonings and some olive oil -

And I got a little heavy-handed with the garlic salt -

So - note to self - I won't need to sprinkle ANY salt on my salad(s) - LOL - ;))


Then I decided to "batch" the dry ingredients that I use in my favorite banana bread recipe - and got some of my quart mason jars out to do that. The funnel didn't work all that well and I wound up just spooning the flour/sugar/baking soda/salt mixture into the mason jars. Now I can wait for my bananas to (over)ripen - mix together the other wet ingredients and add them to a mason jar full of dry ingredients after I dump them into a bowl - kinda like my own version of banana bread "Bisquick" - ;))


Now the NEWEST NEW stuff -

Say hello to my new toy - I think I'll call her Ruby -


And I know the perfect recipe to use to try her out -

Gene's Peanut Butter/Cream Cheese Frosting - HERE -

Peanut Butter - Cream Cheese - and chocolate cake - what's not to like? - LOL - ;))

The mixer I got is this one - and only comes in a few colors -

Lucky for me they had RED - my favorite -

It came with a "Flat Beater" - a "Wire Whip" - and a "Dough Hook" -

I thinks it's a variation of the "Artisan" model -

They all do basically the same thing -

Just different sizes and "professional" or "heavy-duty", etc. -

So I got the one that was the cheapest and on sale - LOL - ;))

The FedEx guy brought the mixer one day -

And the UPS guy brought my new(est) camera the next day -

So new toys to play with = NO sewing the past couple of days -

I did choose the backing for my Upstairs/Downstairs - but it's a little short -

I found a "spacer" fabric for it and will probably use it for the binding, too -

When I get there - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Jeanna said...

You had me laughing out loud with your camera story. I know it really isn't funny to you but it sounds like something that would happen to me!

Your upstairs/downstairs turned out really nice.

I love my kitchen aid mixer and look forward to trying Gene's frosting recipe.

Katie said...

Whew! You've been busy! Too funny the camera seems to have fixed itself...kinda like cars when you take them to the mechanic, but having a backup camera isn't all bad. Your new mixer has me a little jealous. It's not that I can't afford one, it's that I have a tiny kitchen and no place to easily store one. But every time I bake something, I think how easy it would be if I didn't have to stop the mixer, set it down, add something and start all over again. But then I remind myself that I have electricity to power the thing and I'm not hand-cranking those beaters around the bowl and I calm down! (And pretty soon after I have something delicious to eat and forget my lament altogether!)

Julie Fukuda said...

I think the biggest problem in buying the "new" stuff is all the hoops you have to jump through that you didn't even know existed. I have several Canon cameras and each one takes a different cable and battery charger, Even my new phone doesn't use the same cord as the old one that could be plugged into my car to charge.

Like your blocks ... and I noted Gene's recipe too. Pretty little mixer ... If I had a kitchen bigger than a shoe box, I might like one of those. Alas, the hand-held one has to be dug out of an over-stuffed drawer.

Gene Black said...

That is just interesting about the "spot" in the photos. I wonder if there was a speck of dust on the "ccd" (the part inside the camera that makes the picture) and if fell off after several uses.

I have lots of different cables - it seems each device needs one that is a little different. That is something I actually look at now before a purchase.
The yellow/gold patches really do make the Upstairs/Downstairs quilt shine.

LOL. BOB sounds a lot like me - Yes I could spend those $$ on fabric - but I may have more than I can ever use.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...