Sunday, May 27, 2018

Quilty playtime -


Also puts my wonderful kitchen "island" to good use - ;))

I got the backing for Upstairs/Downstairs together with the coral spacer strip -

I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave it one large piece - or cut it into two -
But decided to leave it "whole" so the black print wouldn't get all chopped up -



This shot is just to double-check that the backing is larger than the top all the way around before I add the batting - and it is -


Here you can see how close I got color-wise with the "coral" strip -
Not bad, huh? - ;))


Normally I would want to quilt this using a diagonal grid -


But with 1" finished squares - these seams are really close together -
And some of them are bound to get flipped the "wrong" way -

So I think I'll use my walking foot - starting near the center -
And stitch down the center of every other column/row -
Avoiding all of those corners where all of the seams come together -
Then I'll decide if I need to go back and stitch down the center of the rest of them -


One pass in each direction might be enough -

But we'll see - ;))

And a quick note regarding my LEFT-EZE™ Rule -

The new GDPR rules regarding Privacy Policy went into effect recently -

And there a bunch of "hoops" that I need to jump through -

So - for now -

"My Store" on my LEFT-EZE™ Rule blog will be closed -

Until I can figure out the requirements for compliance -

And get all of my ducks in a row - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Nice top with great colors. You go girl!!!!

Jeanna said...

NIce backing. The coral really makes it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...