Friday, May 25, 2018

Good stuff -


I know that I am extremely lucky to have a pretty good sized kitchen -

Even though I don't cook a lot anymore -

And I am sometimes reminded of the line -

"I only have a kitchen because it came with the house!" - ;))

I remember when I first stepped through the doorway to the kitchen in the "model home" -

I said (probably out loud) -

I LIKE this kitchen!! -

And I still do - ;))


It has "white" cabinets - and I know a lot of people don't like "white" cabinets -

But I think they look "light" and "bright" and "clean" -

And if I want my kitchen to be blue/yellow today and red/green tomorrow -

I can do that - ;))

I also think they are "timeless" and that my kitchen will not look "dated" -

When Stainless Steel appliances & Granite countertops are no longer in style - ;))


In addition to the large "island" -

I have a lot of counter space -

And I even have a side counter where the coffee pot lives - ;))


The other end of the room is the "family room" -

But it's OK because I usually sit in the brown chair (on the right) -

And I can't see the dirty dishes from there - LOL - ;))


I needed to make room on the "island" so I batched up some salad fixings in some mason jars -

The white stuff at the top is a paper towel I stuck in there because I didn't fill them all the way to the top -

I could make a bigger batch but I only make three at a time so that they don't "expire" before I get to them -

This batch has halved cherub tomatoes, red onion, green onion, Garbanzo beans/chickpeas, sweet red peppers, sweet yellow/orange peppers, mini cucumber chunks, mozarella cheese cubes -

When I actually make the salad later -
I'll add mushrooms, avocado, croutons, romaine lettuce and Ranch dressing -


I had a lot of sweet peppers left over -
So I "seeded" them and sliced them up and put them in portion-sized sandwich baggies then into a big Ziploc Freezer bag -
That way I can freeze them and pull out a baggie or two when I need it/them -



I had to do that first because I REALLY wanted to try out Ruby -
And Gene's Peanut Butter/Cream Cheese Frosting - HERE -


And I LOVE my new mixer!! -

She is AWESOME!! -

I added a bit too much milk -
And should have added some more powdered sugar to compensate -
Which I will definitely do next time -

And I'm not the best cupcake "froster" -

But you get the idea -

These are REALLY YUMMY!! - ;))


Gene said that he added mini chocolate chips to the top of his cake -
And I was thinking that I might add some of my favorite trail mix -

If you can't read the package - it says -

Indulgent Trail Mix -
A Decadent Mix Of White, Chocolate & Peanut Butter Flavored Drops, Peanuts, Golden Raisins, Dried Cranberries, Almonds & Cashews -


And in case you're wondering what that little yellow pillow/thing hanging on the pantry door knob says - here's a close-up -

"Press button for maid - If no one answers - Do It Yourself!" - ;))


Grandson #3 always complained that the button didn't work -

It's probably the only thing the three of them will want after I'm gone - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -




4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

I have the same mixer and it IS AWESOME!

Jeanna said...

I plan to try Gene's recipe on cupcakes also. Why do cupcakes seem to go faster than a full cake? At least that is the way it works around here.

Love my big kitchen too. I have white cabinets and I think they are great.

Katie said...

You do have a wonderful kitchen. Mine is a galley-style and too small for my liking. The back room is plenty big if we knocked out a wall, but I've given up on the hubby being into home improvement projects and just count myself lucky that my stove is glass-topped for extra counter space and that the oven, rescued from an uncle's barn, bakes true! The cupcakes look delicious, by the way, but I've never been one to judge a cupcake by the beauty of it's frosting!!!

Gene Black said...

I like your kitchen - but I looked repeatedly for that coffee pot - it clearly isn't big enough.

Those cupcakes look good enough to eat! I think that trail mix would be nice on top of them. I wish I had all that counter space. But I don't see a sink - is it hiding somewhere? I do like my double bowl stainless steel sink.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...