Thursday, May 31, 2018

Squirrel sighting -


But first - the results of my "experiment" - ;))

There was a suggestion on a Blogger "help" forum that offered a "work-around" for the issue of Blogger no longer sending comments to our email inboxes -

The suggestion was to "publish" your post and then be the FIRST to comment - making sure that you check the box saying that you wanted to be notified of any FOLLOW-UP comments -

Simple, huh? -

Well I tried it - and I had a couple of problems -

1 - Lately I have been "scheduling" my posts to go "live" at 5AM so that I can have one post each day. That meant that I would have to get up at 5AM to leave a comment after it posted. HAHAHA - BOB and I don't DO o'dark-thirty anymore. Instead - I waited until just after midnight to "publish" my post - so that it would show as being posted on the 30th - then I left my FIRST comment (Test) - checked the box - and then left another FOLLOW-UP comment (Test #2) - to see if it worked.

2 - It DID work - kinda - ;))
I got BOTH comments in my "social" inbox - the one for "no-reply" commenters. So I got the emails - but they were flagged as "no-reply" - so what good is that????? The whole point is that I want to be able to REPLY to those of you who take the time to leave a comment on my blog!!!!! But I guess it beats having to constantly check my "dashboard" for "comments" to see who said what - if anything. So if I don't answer your comment like I usually do - don't take it personally. I may not have a contact email for you - or I may be chasing Squirrels - ;))

Jeanna has the same problem and said it pretty well in her comment yesterday -

Yes, Blogger is frustrating. I have to constantly monitor my posts to see who has commented and then hope I have their email address to reply. Hope Google is working on it.
Jeanna - I think Google IS working on it -

We can't be the only ones complaining -

But I'm not holding my breath while I wait -

I'm too busy chasing Squirrels - LOL - ;))

While I was waiting for my mail carrier to deliver the box containing my Saturday Squirrel - I decided to pull some fabric for the alternate blocks for the Blue Floral Crumb Squares -

I know I should have been stitching the binding on Upstairs/Downstairs -

But Squirrels are VERY loud in my house - and WILL not be ignored - LOL - ;))

I pulled two blues and two pinks -
All four are "Mirage" fabrics from Connecting Threads -
That have been in my stash for a while now -
And I really don't know if they are still available or not -

From top to bottom - they are -

Patriot Blue -
Steel Blue -
Brick -
and Mauve -



I pulled out the Brick -
And laid out the remaining three going the other direction -


And then split them up -

First the Patriot Blue -
It's more "royal" than "navy" so I might look for one a little more "navy" -


Then the Steel Blue -
Which is more "blue" than the "gray" it appears to be in the photo -
And matches those leaves (in the bottom center) really well -
It would be a nice "neutral" to give the eye a place to rest -
And it would also let the Blue Floral be the "star of the show" -


The Mauve looks good, too -
But I think that it might be too much "pink" to use in this one -
And - at least to me - it seems to be "fighting" the floral for attention -


So I'm leaning toward the Steel Blue -

What do you think? - ;))

While I was "pondering" - I got the box with the Saturday Squirrel in it -

A Pillowcase Doll -
JDNA - Jack Dempsey Needle Art - Stamped for Embroidery -
#1900-143 - Fluttering Butterflies -
That I ordered from JoAnn's - HERE -

It's my Saturday Squirrel because I need it for a Baptism party on Saturday - ;))

I ordered it three weeks ago thinking that I would get it in plenty of time to make it -
But if I was cutting it close - that I could skip the "embroidery" part and trim the dress with ribbon instead -


But I am also VERY acquainted with Murphy's Law -
"If anything can go wrong - it will!" -

So - while I was at it - I also ordered a "muslin doll" - just in case I wound up cutting it REALLY close. It was a good thing I did because Saturday is the day after TOMORROW - and that's cutting it a little TOO close - ;))

I laid the muslin doll out over the pattern for the pillowcase doll - hoping that I could skip making the "doll" part - and I think I can - so one less thing to worry about -


I traced the dress and bonnet pattern pieces onto tracing paper so I didn't mess up the original "pillowcase" one that I will make some other time - when I HAVE time. I'm going to skip the "embroidery" part, too - and use the pink gingham and some pink ribbon - adjusting it to fit if I need to - and I can always "fancy it up" with some simple cross-stitching in the squares if I have "extra" time - or not - LOL - ;))


I know I should spend today sewing the binding on Upstairs/Downstairs so I can have a FINISH this month - but I don't really care about that - it can wait -

I want/need to make a dress and a bonnet for this doll first -

Because BOB and I want to give the sweet little party girl a pretty new doll -

And we want the pretty new doll to be wearing clothes - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Google is aware.... if you go to the Blogger.... forum... the list of commenters is very very very long... on this issue. Hopefully.... they will get this fixed. Might have something to do with the GDPR...(email collection) and they are doing away with the Open ID... gadget and several others.... and adding several new.... things. Ostensibly to make blogging easier and better. uhhh.

Jeanna said...

Those squirrels can be exciting can't they? Good luck with the doll...I'm sure you will finish the gift will time to spare.

Sherry said...

I think I have that same floral fabric!! LOL It is older than dirt, or pretty darn near.

I like the one that looks like gray with it.

Get moving on that pillowcase doll. No more squirrels allowed!! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...