Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A bit of green -


Was needed for the borders and backing for the GREEN top -


So I pulled these from my stash - ;))


I have the MOST of the one on the right -

So that will be my best bet for the borders -

And I have the LEAST of the white/green diagonal stripe -

I had thought of using that for the binding - but I only have 1/4 yard of it - which isn't enough to cut it on the bias - besides - if I DID cut it on the bias - the stripes would come out straight - LOL -

I usually like to cut my binding on the straight of grain if it won't get a lot of heavy use - like a table topper that just sits there on the table - or a wall hanging that just hangs there on the wall - LOL - but this one will be a lap quilt - so I want/need to cut it on the bias -

I may even make it scrappy - ;))

After I play with the borders -

I'll play with the backing -

And make that scrappy, too - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

You know how I love a scrappy binding. So, there is my "vote"

Sherry said...

I put straight grain binding on everything. For some reasons I can get good corners with the straight grain but not with the bias.

Most of my completed quilts have been gifts so I don't know if there have been any problems with the bindings.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...