Saturday, April 20, 2019

Not much sewing -


Lately -

With my Spring Cleaning using the KonMaxi method -

Not to be confused with the KonMari method - LOL -

But I did play with the borders for the GREEN top -

And tore the strips that I need - ;))



I like to tear long border strips length-wise if possible -

It's faster and more accurate than trying to cut really long strips -

And this one worked out well -

I needed 60" lengths and had two yards of this Green -

So I was able to tear my 4 border strips -

And have a nice chunk left over that I can use on the back -

When I get that far - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I like tearing long strips also. I avoids the risk of the "hump or slump" at the fold.

Cindy Quilts said...

I need to get braver about tearing strips.
I watched all the KonMari episodes on Netflix. I felt slightly guilty about all my 'stuff'. But, like you, I like all my stuff. Well, most of it. I especially appreciate my sewing/quilting stuff. I enjoy going in my sewing room and just looking at my fabrics. I call my stash my retirement fund. Someday I may not be able to purchase all the fabrics I want but my stash will see me through.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...