Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thimbles


Today’s topic is THIMBLES -

Bonnie Hunter - over at Quiltville ® did a linky thingy on Monday -

But I was busy showing off my Orca Bay RED -

So I’m a little late to the party -

But I thought I would add my two cents -

And link up anyway -

Join the club - so to speak - ;))

Mind you -

I am not paid by any of these guys -

This is just my opinion -

And I could be wrong - ;))

===

So -

Thimbles - being a very PERSONAL thing -
I have a collection -
Just like everyone else -


Some work for me -

Some don’t -

Mostly - I use the dirty one - ;))


Thimble Pad -
Leather - didn’t even open the package -
Don't remember why -


Under Thimble -
I tried to use ONE -
On my underneath hand -
But I couldn’t FEEL the needle -
So I stopped using it -


Quilter’s Finger Wrap -
Didn’t care much for these -
Felt like i was wearing a band-aid -


Thimble It -
I like these for my underneath hand -
Even bought another package -


Misc -
Some more for the underneath hand -
Didn’t like them either -


Little round ones -
Think I tried the one on the right -
It slid too far down my finger -
Past my first knuckle -
And the dimples are on the SIDE -
So I didn’t like this one either -


Black -
This one has a hole in the end -
For your fingernail -
But it fits really loose -
And has no dimples -
So is used for the underneath hand -


All of the thimbles above -
Live in a drawer on my shelf -


My fave - and a spare -
I always come back to this one -
It is adjustable -
Allows for my fingernail -
And had decent enough dimples -
IT WORKS FOR ME!!




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

3 comments:

Katie M. said...

You have some of the same ones I have. I don't hand quilt, so obviously have never even visited the idea of an 'underneath' thimble. The thimble I do use when doing hand work is a 'traditional' metal thimble that I bought in a thrift store - still had a piece of adheasive tape in it from the previous owner - I wiped it with alcohol and use it all the time - feels like it was made just for me!

Unknown said...

Ok - I just got asked by my girlfriend to find her a left handed thimble. After the initial laughing stopped I realised she was serious and we had a "discussion" about thimbles being symmetrical and not made for a certain hand. Could someone please confirm for me (and my girlfriend) that there is no such thing as a left handed thimble? Thank you - Simon.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Simon - As far as I know, thimbles are neither Right-Handed nor Left-Handed. The ones that I have seen and used are symmetrical and can be used on either hand. BUT I may be wrong. If you like, I will pose your question on my blog and see if I can get more information for you - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...