Friday, May 3, 2013

Another day -

Yesterday - after LindaJ mentioned -
How much my Lazy Lefty 9-Patch block -

Looked like Marti Michell’s -
No-Name Four Patch Duo block -

From her book -
Quilting for People Who Still Don’t Have Time to Quilt -
(c) 1998 - Martha G. Michell -
American School of Needlework(R), Inc. -

I dug out the book -


And - sure enough -

It looks the same to me, too - ;))


I'm not strip piecing mine -

And the proportions are a bit different -

But the end block looks the same - ;))

Hers is more pronounced - as LindaJ said -

So the same - but yet not the same - ;))

Both are asymmetrical 9-patches -

But Marti calls hers a 4-patch - ;))

Maybe if I take four of them -

And put a strip down the middle going both ways -

I could call it an original block -

But that’s probably been done before, too - ;))

So I put the book away -

And thought that I would play with my borders -

But I kept getting side-tracked -

And then it was nap time - ;))

Where did the day go?? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Katie M. said...

I have 'designed' a block a time or two just to come across the same 'design' someplace else. Often wonder how did those people get MY design so fast :-)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm SO glad that it isn't just me - ;))

Linda C said...

Well, it is all geometric shapes so I think, like Katie M., that really everything has been done by somebody at some time. What changes is only how we arrive at the end result. Maybe we foundation pieced whatever it was, or used some fancy dancy new ruler, or strip pieced versus our quilting foremothers making templates and scissors for even the most basic of shapes, strips, etc.

Marti's just look more obvious on one end, that's all and I know you did a two at once method because you said so, LOL.

Hope your nap helped you come to a decision!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - I decided that I wasn't going to worry about it - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...