Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Staring at the wall -

Monday when I was complaining -

That my borders were NOT cooperating -


I went over to visit my bloggy buddy Linda's blog -
linda quilts - HERE -

And she was talking about staring at her wall -
So I'll keep them both on my design wall and sit and stare at them for hours until I have a firm decision made. heehee.

So I left her a comment -
I LOVE your background squares - PERFECT colors to show off the embroidered blocks! I vote for cross-hatching, too - very old-fashioned - very simple. And you crack me up with your "sit and stare at them for hours until I have a firm decision made" - I do the same thing - but my "hours" turn into "days" very quickly - haha - ;))

Then my "other" Linda -
LindaJ - life, quits and a cat too - HERE -
Emailed me and said -
Looks like your design wall is getting a work out today!

I laughed and emailed her back -
Haha - maybe if I stare at it long enough it will tell me what the h*** it wants - ;))

She said -
that might work well in theory?? Let me know if it yields any results so I can try it too.

And right about then -

When I looked at the wall - AGAIN -

It HIT me -

I HEARD it -

LOUD and CLEAR -

So I emailed her back -
It works!! - The top border just told me to "move me UP a little" - and I did - and I think it looks a LOT better - ;))

So - what do you think?

Do your quilts tell you what to do -

If you stare at them long enough? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Linda said...

OMG!! You crack me up!

Linda C said...

Yeah, occasionally they do, come to think of it. I have been stewing about what I wanted to do for a flower thing to switch up the existing choices in the pattern. I looked on pinterest, wondered about trying to make a kanzashi one (and probably will down the line, if I have time but not for this) and kept mulling all this over----for days. DUH, one answer was right on the wall in an existing wall hanging. I just needed to bump it up in size-----so I did! Mind you, I no longer have the book it came from so I was scanning the quilt itself to get the image, LOL.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - has yours told you what to do yet?? - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

See - you just have to be listening while you stare - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...