Monday, May 6, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 5/6/13

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - 5/6/13
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times
on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


Been chasing another Squirrel this week - ;))

THIS Squirrel has the border -
That I want for my Floral Applique -

Quilts to Warm Today’s Home -
By Nancy Rink -
(c) 2012 - Leisure Arts, Inc.


I want a two-color variation -
Of the one shown on the cover -

So I dug out the fabrics -

The inner border will be the light gray -
The outer border will be the darker gray -
And the orange - green - gold - will be the leaves -


I’ve been messing with it -

Trying to change out the corners -

Because BOB doesn’t DO mitered corners -

But they are NOT cooperating -


I’ll show you more -

When I have more - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Linda said...

Oooo I like! That will be very pretty when you get it done. Good luck on those corners. heehee

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda - I'm glad you like it - and I'll take all the luck I can get - ;))

Rhonda said...

Great job so far. As for the mitered corners...you can do it. There are plenty of youtube videos to help.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Rhonda - but I'll tell you the same thing I told KatieM the other day -
BOB has a hard enough time wrestling with a large top and a long border without having to fold the dang thing diagonally and then trying to sew up to a point 1/4" away from the corner - so no thanks - BOB will do horizontal borders - and maybe add a corner square - if she wants to make it fancy - ;))

Anonymous said...

it would seem to me that you could make a plain cornerstone and then applique a connection between the two sides that would meet and fake people out. I did two mitered corner borders a while back--wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. But that was because of the prints I was using...you have more control over applique.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks - I can do a mitered corner - I just don't wannta - ;))
And I considered a cornerstone border but I changed my mind - now I think that I want to make a horizontal border so that I only have 4 connections to hide - maybe use a strategic leaf or two - here and there - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...