Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Autumn Trees - first layer -


Now that the second layer is coming together nicely -

I feel better about showing you guys how the first layer worked out - ;))

If you want to try it -

Try these -

I googled it - looking for Noriko Endo's book "Confetti Naturescapes" -

The first one is a step-by-step - similar to the book -

I think she probably appeared on one of their shows - ;))

1 - HGTV - HOW TO MAKE A CONFETTI NATURESCAPE QUILT -

2 - Confetti quilting -

3 - Rick Tims - Big Stitch Applique Over Confetti Fabric -

Anyway -

This is where I left off last time - all set to play -


And PLAY I did - LOL -


I had a great time sprinkling bits and pieces all over the batting -


Then I added some trees -


And took the middle one off -

I'll add that back when I do the second layer -


I showed you some of the background leaves -


And some of the ground cover -


Then I added the first piece of tulle -

And pinned it to try to "contain" the confetti -


Added the pinmoors -


And took it to the machine to FMQ it all with monofilament thread -


And it didn't look too bad -

But I didn't want to spoil the surprise ending -


So I stopped there -

And set it aside until my company left - ;))

This is a good breaking point -

And the saga will continue -

So stay tuned - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go- gotta sew -



7 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This is really neat! I will be eager to see the rest of your “saga”.

Frog Quilter said...

Wow it’s going to be a piece of art when you are finished.

Barbara said...

Awesome results, and it’s not finished yet! It looks lovely as is. I asked at my quilt guild yesterday if anyone had done or seen this procedure. No one had! I’ll show it to them when yours is complete. It will be beautiful!

Gene Black said...

I think you are doing a great job. Artistically, I think it looks better without that center tree. Possibly what you are planning may solve that.....but I like the more "inviting" look of the piece without it.
(not that you asked.)

I am really interested in seeing the final piece.

Katie said...

Oh my goodness that is amazing! If you thought you weren't going to be good at this, you were SO wrong! I can't wait to see more!!

Sherry said...

That looks so cool!

It really looks more like a picture that a quilted piece (at least in the pictures).

Keep up the good work. . . can't wait to see what happens next.

Julie Fukuda said...

I can only imagine getting half way and then having the dog knock it off the table. Good luck with the next steps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...