Friday, August 9, 2019

Puzzles -


Come in all shapes and sizes -

This is another jigsaw puzzle that my friend and I put together the other day -

By CEACO - Americana - 500 piece -



Then it was back to my Autumn Trees - ;))

I thought it was "done" - and had to set it aside when my friend came over to visit.
I was going to write up my post after she left. I had the photos loaded - then went to write the post - noticed those dang purple leaves - and thought "Crap!! - you're NOT done!! - You have to fix those leaves!!" - So Sherry was right on point!

I told her - I have to move those leaves - or it will bother me for eternity. But I won't need "Jack" (my seam Ripper) - I just need to take the top layer of tulle off - play with it a little - all of the "confetti" is still loose under there - and then replace the tulle. Katie mentioned that I should have some "fallen" leaves in the ground cover - so I'm going to add bits there, too.

I LOVE all of the input - that's what friends are for - and you gotta have friends - ;))

And I kept wondering how/why I missed that YELLOW tree with PURPLE leaves -

THEN - I figured it out -

I solved the puzzle - ;))

The "cover" photo - in the book for the "project" -


Doesn't match the "project" photo - in the book for the "project" - LOL - ;))


Do you see the extra tree in front - and the YELLOW tree with the PURPLE leaves? -

Yeah - so did I - that's why it looked OK to me -

Until I compared it to the "cover" photo above -

Now I don't feel so bad -

She couldn't copy her Autumn Trees either - LOL - ;))

Anyway - I took off the tulle -
And the YELLOW and PURPLE trees/leaves -



Switched the YELLOW and PURPLE trees -

Didn't like it -


And switched them back -


Then - I added bits of "fallen" leaves like Katie suggested -

Katie - is this what you had in mind? -



And this is where it is now -


The ORANGE - PURPLE - and RED trees are the same distance from the front -

The YELLOW tree is set a little farther back -

But right now they look like they all are on the same "plane" to me -

So I think I need to take some leaves off the bottom of the YELLOW one -

And that might fix it - ;))

So now - what do you think? -

There is nothing quite like a "community" project -

And I don't consider myself an artist -

So any and all input is greatly appreciated -

That's what friends are for - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Katie said...

The fallen leaves are great - maybe a few in the path, too? (Because let me tell you, those doggone falling leaves have no consideration for my landscaping efforts!) As for the "in the same plane", I think that's because of how low the leaves come to the ground. It looks okay to be because different trees have branches starting at different places, but if it bothers you, fix it! You're the artist, make it satisfying to your eye!

Frog Quilter said...

I love how your art piece is developing. So pretty.

Gene Black said...

In that last picture of the project, the bottom of the leaves on the yellow tree are almost the same "across" as the orange to the left of it. Compare that one to where that previous (yellow and purple switched.)
i would try taking some off the bottom of the yellow tree and possibly chopping the leaf bits that are left on it smaller.

Barbara said...

You know, I looked and looked, and maybe it’s because color is not my strongest thing, but I think every photo looks awesome! I’d probably just go with it for good, or I might lose sleep. Lol!

Sherry said...

The yellow is a strong color. . . and it seems to be a little overpowering. If you take some off of the bottom it might look less intense.

I love the fallen leaves on the ground. . . that was a great addition.

Your piece is really looking great.

And I like the puzzle too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...