Monday, August 26, 2019

Sunday sorting -


Sunday I had fun sorting through the Big Box of Magical Things -

First pulling the larger pieces out and setting them aside -

In the pile on the left are good sized chunks of calicos -

The center pile has Elvis - gotta love Elvis - LOL -

The pile on the right has various fabrics including some cool "Chicago Bears" -
My grandsons are fans of another  team - so I thought of using that on the back of a Halloween quilt - the colors are right - LOL - ;))


Then I sorted the rest -

I made a pile of batiks - for another confetti quilt -

Other chunks roughly by color and size -

A pile of children and novelty prints -

Triangles -

Bits and pieces -


Solids -

Homespuns - and plaids -

Strips of various sizes -


And block parts -


I have some scrap quilts that have been on my "to do" list for a while -

So I pulled out a couple of my dies -

And will start with the larger scraps -

Working my way down to the smaller ones -

To see if I can get a head start on those scrap quilts -

And make some sort of a dent in this Big Box of Magical Things - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I need to take at least one box or drawer or bag of magical things and do some scrap busting too.
I am sure my scraps are breeding.

Frog Quilter said...

Way to go girl....I have a box and/or bag(s) to take care of myself. Hugs.

Barbara said...

Isn’t it a good feeling to sort fabric? I enjoy handling fabric, so I do that too. “Magical things”? I’m not so sure, or else they don’t possess the magical power to STAY sorted! Lol!

Jeanna said...

I am completely overwhelmed with fabric, from yardage to tiny scraps. What die shapes will you use?

Sherry said...

I have been sorting through books and magazines. I have quite the collection from over 35 years of quilting and 50 years of crocheting!

I have no idea what I will do with the "don't want" pile that keeps getting bigger and bigger by the day!

After the books & magazines I get to start on the "magical mystery totes". . . and who knows what I will find in there! LOL

Have a lovely day.

Cindy Quilts said...

Looks like you are having fun! Can't wait to see what beautiful things you create.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...